Looking for extract recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

litl-76

Reaction score
Any ideas on where to get recipes for extract brewing with specialty grains unless of course y'all can talk me into biab.

There's a million ways to take an all grain recipe and covert to extract/steeping grains. If you're looking for recipes, a quick google search pulls some up, I'm sure this forum has plenty as well. Or a book like "Brewing Classic Styles" by Palmer/Zainashef gives recipes for extract/steeping for like 80 beers, worth it's weight.

"Brewing Made Easy" by Joe & Dennis Fisher has a lot of extract w/steeping grains recipes in the back.

It would be easier to help you if you tell us what you like to drink most of Bier Munchers recipes are very good. you can find them on this site.:)

"Brewing Classic Styles" by Palmer/Zainashef gives recipes for extract/steeping for like 80 beers, worth it's weight.

I second this. The recipes in Brewing Classic Styles provide a great starting point across the entire range of BJCP styles. I just bottled my tweaked version of Jamil's Irish Red recipe and it came out fantastic.

most of Bier Munchers recipes are very good. you can find them on this site.:)

BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde was the first batch I ever brewed - got me hooked!

Good luck! :mug:

We have a ton of recipes on our site in the database: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f82/

There are a mix of all-grain, partial mash, and extract recipes, but most of the recipes can be converted to extract with steeping grains if you see one that is all-grain but you want to do it. We can easily help you with that.

We have a ton of recipes on our site in the database: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f82/

There are a mix of all-grain, partial mash, and extract recipes, but most of the recipes can be converted to extract with steeping grains if you see one that is all-grain but you want to do it. We can easily help you with that.

Ok yooper. So here goes cause I can't post in the other forum or find a recipe I wanted to clone or as close as I can to smuttynose wheat wine. I'm in Va so winter hasn't really showed up yet, and I really liked it at the tap house just can't get it anymore.

Also if you check out my recipe on stouts you see the pics of fermentation and finished product

Another vote for Jamil's "Brewing Classic Styles". Check your local library, I've gotten my hands on a number of great brewing books free.

Latest posts

Back