Looking for a wired/wireless speaker system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hezagenius

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a music player (vinyl and SACD rips, etc) I'd like to be able to plug into a base speaker with a 3.5mm cable and then have a wireless/Bluetooth speaker that can sync to that base speaker. Does such a system exist?

Bonus points if the base speaker can also receive music through WiFi/Bluetooth from a phone. That would be nice to have, but the ability to wire in the external player is a must.

No idea. You might take a look at Etsy and browse some of the sellers there - if they don't have the product you're looking for, they might make it if you contact them. I bought my Bluetooth home speakers there, nice sound, work with my phone, and look good to boot.

Sonos works. I use the connect as an input for my main system. I also use several 1’s and play3 for other rooms in the house. You can plug in rca cords for line in applications and you can stream from your phone tablet or the cloud.

My tech challenged wife can even run the system.

Ayup. Sonos or Bose.

Maybe even look at Anker. I have an Anker Bluetooth speaker that sounds great for it's size. IIRC, you can link more than one.

Can you wire in a music player to one Bose or Sonos speaker and have it transmit to another speaker via a Bluetooth signal created by the first speaker?

I have a Bose SoundLink speaker that can receive a Bluetooth signal but cannot send one out as far as I know. I'm looking for a speaker that has a line-in port to receive the music and then can create a Bluetooth network for other speakers to pick up.

From what I can tell, Sonos only uses wifi.

Can you wire in a music player to one Bose or Sonos speaker and have it transmit to another speaker via a Bluetooth signal created by the first speaker?

I have a Bose SoundLink speaker that can receive a Bluetooth signal but cannot send one out as far as I know. I'm looking for a speaker that has a line-in port to receive the music and then can create a Bluetooth network for other speakers to pick up.

From what I can tell, Sonos only uses wifi.

Bose can link two speaker toghether with the Connect app.

You might also look at sounbars (for TV's) with bluetooth subwoofers. After re-reading your OP it reminds me of the samsung soundbar I have. Bluetooth subwoofer and the ability to wire connect 1 or 2 auxiliary devices.

Latest posts

Back