Looking for a great Cream Ale recipe -A\G

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkenhoser

Reaction score
Whats going on everybody!

Looking to do an ALL GRAIN batch tomorrow. Anybody have a suggestion for and awesome Cream Ale recipe?

Thanks in advance

:mug:
Funk

I have adapted mine from the recipe given to me by Tony Simmons, award winning brewer and owner of Pagosa Brewing Co. when I asked him for recipe help with his Kayaker Cream Ale.

Thanks for the email and kind words.* Glad your wife like our Kayaker Cream Ale.* It's our #1 seller.* The recipe is quite simple and goes something like this:

Malt:* 1.043 OG
90% 2-Row
7% Biscuit
3% Cara-pils
(You can also substitute a nominal % of flaked corn or corn sugar to achieve a more light-bodied, Cream Ale-like beer.)

Hops:* German Noble - 14 IBUs

Hope that helps

I tried flaked corn, didn't like it. Here's my current version. My most popular brew as well! Unfortunately, since Pagosa Brewing moved in to a beautiful new restaurant and brewhouse their beer has suffered considerably. Used to be a must stop place any time we passed through, now I'm glad I have the recipe so I can still enjoy what their beer used to taste like!

5.5 gallon batch, 1043, 22 IBU
All malt from Colorado Malting Co.
8# 2-row
12oz Biscuit
8oz Colo Pils (carapils)
.5oz Saaz FWH
.5oz Hallertau 30
.5oz Styrian Golding/ Styrian Celeia flameout/ whirlpool
S-05

I have made this recipe several times and it's always a crowd favorite. You cook a few pounds of rice and put that in with the mash. The color ends up very light and is always delicious

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7848539#post7848539

If you don't want to buy 2 different hops, just buy an ounce of Hallertau and put it in at 60. I like the Motueka/Sorachi blend though.

I've made it with WLP029 and Saflager w34/70. Both of those would be good or WLP080 is the "Cream Ale Yeast Blend". You could use US-05 and it would be fine, but I think the other options would be cleaner/crisper

Hard to go wrong with BierMuncher's Cream of Three Crops:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=66503

I like to bump up the corn and rice slightly, but the base recipe is excellent.

I just racked this beer into keg a few minutes ago, and initial impression is this is a crisp and light lawnmower styled beer. OG 1.053, FG 1.010. I used minute rice...cant remember if his recipe specifies but minute rice is fine. Used WLP029 Kolsch from a harvest, or I think US-05 would be good too. Any neutral yeast would work.

We just picked up our ingredients today for a half size portion of the Cream of Three Crops.. Super cheap! excited to try it.

Love Cream of Three Crops! It is my most consistent brew and is usually finished quickly. I have changed the hops before and shake up the grist on occassion but it comes out delicious every time.

its a blonde ale but pretty much the same thing, I would go with centennial blonde but replace some of the 2row with golden promise or vienna

We just wrapped up an attempt at a 5 gal version.
I say attempt because we somehow ended up only getting 3.9 gal after the boil.

I know we didn't properly account for trub/ amount under the spigot under the kettle. We had over 7.13 gal of wort. Seemed to boil off quite fast.

Back