Looking for a good beer to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildjack6

Reaction score
Looking for a good beer to brew that the wife will fall in love with so she wont complain to much about me brewing and haveing it on my mind all the time lol

"Good beer" is quite subjective. Know what style she might like?

She like's Bud light so I figured something light or maybe something with a sweeter tatste like a honey beer. She tried that buweiser american ale and she didn't like that at all so any suggestions would be helpfull

I think the best beer to get your SWMBO hooked on beer is a bavarian hefe. Simple recipe and a great beer with lots of bannana and clove if you ferment it right. My number one choice for a beer for a wife who doesn't really like beer (not mine she loves IIPAs) i would say a frambois with fruit.

Search for SWMBO Slayer. I'd link it, but I'm having issues with searching from work.

My wife loves Apfelwein, but she hasn't really liked any of the beers I've brewed so far. Then again, she doesn't like beer to begin with.

I just tasted Edwort's Robust Porter that kegged a month ago and it was amazingly smooth and swmbo even liked it.......she doesnt like beer usually.
This will get even better in several more weeks. If your swmbo can get past the darkness of the beer she may like it. Good luck.:mug:

I just tasted Edwort's Robust Porter that kegged a month ago and it was amazingly smooth and swmbo even liked it.......she doesnt like beer usually.
This will get even better in several more weeks. If your swmbo can get past the darkness of the beer she may like it. Good luck.:mug:

Take any mild beer and when bottling you last 6-8 put in some Blackberry or Raspberry extract you can get it at any HBS.

This will double your chances of hitting a home run

We over carb our Wheats and the extra head gives the beer a special smell/tast when using the flavored extracts .

PS Have not had good luck with the blueberry.

If she likes the adjuct filled beers like Bud-light, make her an adjuct filled beer like bud-light. From what I understand this is a pretty challenging task as adjuncts require a more intensive mash. It's a win/win. She get crumby beer that she likes and you get a good challenge.

Latest posts

Back