Looking for a dry hop suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teesquar

Reaction score
Brewed an extract/specialty grain 5 gal batch this past weekend and I'm looking for a dry hop suggestion.

It's what I call a Summer Citra light body ale (4.8 ABV, 40 IBU) that used Citra for the boil and a bit of Amarillo (and more Citra) at mid and late.

I was going to just dry in some more Citra, but have a choice of some other hops for the dry. My pellet inventory includes: Columbus, Cascade, Pacific Jade, Palisade, Nelson Sauvin, Citra, Mosaic and Amarillo. Was going to do around 3 ounces in the keg.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Okay, just check BS2 and see it'll prob come in at 5.0 ABV and the IBU is 54.

I don't have much experience with some of your hop inventory, but I'd vote for more Citra in there. Currently drinking an all Columbus IPA homebrew right now and liking it. That would be a close second for me, but not sure how those flavors blend with your Citra and Amarillo

Edit: by the way, you mind posting your recipe? Sounds great!

citra, mosaic, and amarillo sounds like a really neat combo. just brewed with mosaic for the first time in an iipa. had mosaic citra and centennial and was very impressed with the aroma going into the carboy. also used close to 6 ozs in the last 5 min of the boil tho..

Back