looking for a book

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex510

Reaction score
hello all, when I first started(1986) making beer I brought this/a book for like $3.00. I have been using this book to help me brew for years. But I lost it in the divorce. So I am trying to find another copy. description: it is written by 2 guys -it is in black in white photos with lots of photos.it is almost a homemade type book with nice paper. it has a brown cover with black ink. I can not remember the title but it has to do with beginning brewing or home brewing. Any help would be appreciated thank you

It doesn't quite fit all your criteria, but maybe an early Joy of Brewing by Charlie Papazian. Lots of hand drawings, not pictures though.

1650528954510.png

In any case, the 4th Edition of John Palmer's "How to Brew" is a book I highly recommend. I started brewing in the 1990's and had several books from that era (with David Miller's being my "bible" for a long time). I picked up "How to Brew" as a gift to my girlfriend, and ended up ordering a copy for myself after looking through it. It has everything from a walk through of a basic extract recipe to coverage of topics like water chemistry, recipe creation, mash and fermentation science, etc.

My first book was:

1650564233796.png

Sentimental and very comfortable for me. I've never screwed up a batch when I use that book. Just very comfortable to me.

I just remembered another piece to the puzzle. It used to have a little hand drawn hop the route the book it was about only 20 pages all 20 pages had black and white pictures.

Back