Long time lurker, decided to join formally

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spittiz

Reaction score
Hello from Finland!

I started homebrewing in 2017 after taking a full day course, so I jumped straight into all grain BIAB. Been reading this forum the whole time now and then since there's usually topics to be found here on any question that might arise. I'm still by no means an expert in anything but with 100+ batches done and huge improvements in my own beers over the years I figured I might as well start posting now and then since I could actually contribute with something, because I've found so much help and good information here myself.

I've been into craft beer for 10+ years and have always been quite picky with the quality. If I don't like something I pour it out. This led me to just give away lots of beer in the beginning of my brewing, because I didn't like it enough to drink it myself. It's easy to get rid of beer when you hand it out for free though lol. Apart from a couple batches none have been complete disasters though.

I tend to brew quite simple styles now just to improve technique. I brew on a Grainfather G30 (10-19 L batches), my "main" fermenters is a Fermzilla Allrounder and a SS Brew Bucket. I keg and brew with RO water. Next big thing on the "to-do" list is a dedicated Keezer, which hopefully happens later this summer.

Right now I have a NEIPA on tap, a Kölsch that has conditioned for one week and just kegged a Belgan Pale ale. Next brew will probably be a west coast(ish) IPA.

Here's my NEIPA, which I'm drinking right now. Cheers!

IMG_2705.jpg

Welcome aboard! 100 batches in four years is impressive.
Right!! I also started in 2017 and I'm at 51!! Nice work OP.

Thanks! I've done a lot of small batches (<10 liter), many with extract too, especially around 2018 when I was figuring out some off-flavors I had. And I still brew a lot of 10 liter batches if it's a stronger beer or just something I'm not sure how it will turn out.

You're not officially joined up without being an HBT supporter, and with 100 batches under your belt, I'd say you've earned it! Welcome aboard @spittiz !!

Wow, thanks a lot!! :mug:

You're not officially joined up without being an HBT supporter, and with 100 batches under your belt, I'd say you've earned it! Welcome aboard @spittiz !!

@spittiz yeah, you have to mail your dumpers to other people from now on! :mug: shipping is a ***** though! PM me for my mailing address!

Last edited:
Welcome to the group!

Looking forward to reading your posts. I believe you’ll not only enjoy what people have to offer but actually get many good laughs in the processs. There are some sharp witted characters here! 🤣

Cheers 🍻

Back