Long fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate

Reaction score
What's the longest active fermentation anyone has had? I've never had a beer have real airlock activity past about 5 days... currently on day 12 on this beer and a little curious at this point. Everything started normally... it kicked in about 10 hours after pitching and was very active for around the first 4 to 5 days. After that it settled into this slow airlock activity and has been there for a week now. I pulled a gravity a couple days ago and will do so again shortly for comparison.

There are 3 different "firsts" with this batch. Wyeast Irish Ale yeast, added lactose during the boil and aerated with pure O2 prior to pitching.

Thoughts?

Wlp 530 on a 1.088. Took 19 days to chew through it.

Nice. Not sure why I've never had a long ferment prior to this. Everything from little beers to a heavy Scottish and all finished pretty quickly.

Will keep monitoring and let her ride...

WLP400 Belgian Wit: 21 days to reach FG of 1.015 from 1.055. Last couple points were in the last two days, but it didn't move after that. I actually ended up deciding to sour it after that, so it's not actually done.

WLP 820.... Almost 3 weeks slow and steady...18 day to be exact only the last 3 days did it show any sign of let up. Oktoberfest started atOG 1.054 and FG 1.014.... Slow and steady finishes the race

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

WLP400 - 22 days at 68* before it slowed down enough to cold crash. Most painful brew yet for me since I needed it's spot in the chamber.

Back