London ale yeast for a blonde?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevorc13

Reaction score
So I kind of asked this under the yeast/fermentation section, but I thought I'd throw out a different kind of question here. I just made a blonde ale last night and instead of buying the Nottingham yeast, as indicated in the recipe, my LHBS suggested using a London Ale yeast. I took this suggestion, but am now finding that it's a low flocculating yeast usually reserved for darker beers. Does anyone have an insight as to how this would affect my blonde, good or bad?

theres a difference between flavor and taste?

really, i think this falls under the category of relax in the sense of you have a yeast that may take a little more time than you would prefer. it may add some fruitiness to your beer but it should turn out fine.

theres a difference between flavor and taste?

really, i think this falls under the category of relax in the sense of you have a yeast that may take a little more time than you would prefer. it may add some fruitiness to your beer but it should turn out fine.

Ha! Whoops. Flavor or clarity.

flavor will be fine. clarity could be an issue but there are measures you can take to fix that.

Back