Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll hook you up...if you're interested in Texas beer.
I'm just figuring how this LOT thing works, thanks to Twisted's previous posts.
If you're interested, see my previous post...listed some options.

Edit:
None can voucher for me...have not participated in the past.

Sorry Gravelscratcher, I already hooked up with ENRK. I'll post any updates asap so you can jump in next

IMG_20190109_172612618.jpg

BOOM!! Thanks ENRK. You nailed it, exactly what I was hoping for. Looking forward to trying all of these, and the bonus jalapeno chips.

Been reading this thread to see how it works. Your trading beers local to your area for beers from around the country?
Not homebrews?

Last edited:
Been reading this thread to see how it works. Your trading beers local to your area for beers from around the country?
Not homebrews?

I think the first page has more complete details, but sounds like you’re on the right track. This one is all local stuff that isn’t distributed to the recipients location. It’s a pay it forward type deal, the person who “grants” becomes the next one to receive beermail.

There is a homebrew trade thread also, I’m sure somebody will jump in here to recruit you.

I think the first page has more complete details, but sounds like you’re on the right track. This one is all local stuff that isn’t distributed to the recipients location. It’s a pay it forward type deal, the person who “grants” becomes the next one to receive beermail.

There is a homebrew trade thread also, I’m sure somebody will jump in here to recruit you.

Paging @TwistedGray

[emoji16]

More questions...
So now @ENRK is next to be granted? Whoever grants him/her would be next in line to be granted? Do I have that right?

Yes, @ENRK will identify what styles he would like. He is in Washington so as long as you can grant him with his preferred styles and send him beers that are local to you and not in his distribution area then you would grant. Once your beer make it intact, you would be up next.

Also, apologies if @ENRK is a female. [emoji23]

I would be more than happy to grant. I'm in the Boston area but only have 35+ posts so I will jump in when I get to 100.

Or I'll beg and plea ... never can tell.

I would be more than happy to grant. I'm in the Boston area but only have 35+ posts so I will jump in when I get to 100.

Or I'll beg and plea ... never can tell.

No need for post count in this thread. It may say it but we don’t have control of the first post. Nobody sends you beer until your beer is received by the person you grant so there is no risk. Just be sure to check out some of the last handful of grants for a good idea of what is being sent.

ENRK is definitely male, lol!

If coming from the northeast I would like to try some legit NEIPA's
I am not opposed to a good Belgian ever though.
I will grant ENRK's order[emoji5]

I guess the next step is pm me some info, right?

This sounds like fun to be a part of. I'm in Austin, TX. Unfortunately with state law, there's a lot of good local breweries that can't sell beer to go. I can definitely try to hunt down some crowlers though and we have a pretty solid range of locally distributed cans. Let me know when there's an opening to get in line!

This sounds like fun to be a part of. I'm in Austin, TX. Unfortunately with state law, there's a lot of good local breweries that can't sell beer to go. I can definitely try to hunt down some crowlers though and we have a pretty solid range of locally distributed cans. Let me know when there's an opening to get in line!

Surely @PianoMan can offer recommendations for local breweries.

Getting ready to pachage and ship. Just bring to UPS all packaged up? Anything else I should know?

Consider making an account at home, print, and tape the label to the box then either schedule a pickup or drop off. Picking up avoids any questions, fyi. Remember, shipping booze is illegal...so I've heard.

Getting ready to pachage and ship. Just bring to UPS all packaged up? Anything else I should know?

Always line the box with a garbage bag in case of leaks. The other advise is great too. Add some candy too if you want to mask the sound.
The online account is key to have it ready to go too!

Thanks everyone. I had read about the candy and the garbage bags. Disnt wven think about an inline account. Glad I asked.

So what's next? Someone from outside my area (New England) offers?
My likes and dislikes...
I like juicy IPAs, stouts, lager.....I'm open to anything.
I don't the vanilla flavored stuff I have tried.

Im not sure if anyone else was in line. I wouldn't mind Texas Beer [emoji5] I was in Tyler visiting the Trane factory .... funny alcohol laws you have down there. We went to a BBQ place that didnt serve liquor but you could bring your own in. Haha.

Last edited:
The Saltlick! Classic. There are so many breweries that have sprung up over the years. Unfortunately, some of the best beers I’ve had are small batches only availabe at the brewery, due to weird laws. I have a list though and will hunt down some super local crowlers. This is pretty much just an excuse to go on a brewery crawl.

Back