Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will pick this one up, if no one has yet. Im from Idaho, so I think im a good distance from you ;) I have 8 small local breweries within 30 min. of me, so i should be able to get you some stuff you never even herd of. I will get mostly bottles, but one local only uses cans, and they got a good ipa and a good porter i want to get in there. Got a couple homebrews for ya.

Will take me a few days to gather up this stuff, and shipping might be slow this time of year, but i will do my best to get it to you asap

Excellent, let's keep this rolling.

sent a PM to GrainToGlass, as soon as he accepts my offer, i will start gatherin stuff and get it out asap

Excellent, let's keep this rolling.

I agree, I really like this idea. Its a great way for people to get into trading without having to be in a specific area or finding someone to do a straight trade. Really cool, thanks Pointcity. Will definitely be more active in this once I'm done saving up for a house >.>

I agree, I really like this idea. Its a great way for people to get into trading without having to be in a specific area or finding someone to do a straight trade. Really cool, thanks Pointcity. Will definitely be more active in this once I'm done saving up for a house >.>

Thank you for your participating. I know how it is when saving for a house. We ate Ramen for 6 months!

all boxed up, and ready to go. Gonna hit fed ex in the morning. I went ahead and picked some of the local brews that i like, and buy regularly. And threw in a couple home brews that i used quite a bit of my home hop crop, and has an interesting flavor. Id let it sit for a few weeks, still real green ;)

Me too. I like that you can get some stuff that you cant get anywhere else. A couple of the ones im sending are only available in the immediate area. I have tried real hard to get a couple beers that is only sold on tap at the local ski resort, but they wouldnt fill a bottle for me :/ He told me "we only serve it here, and we want to keep it that way"

all boxed up, and ready to go. Gonna hit fed ex in the morning. I went ahead and picked some of the local brews that i like, and buy regularly. And threw in a couple home brews that i used quite a bit of my home hop crop, and has an interesting flavor. Id let it sit for a few weeks, still real green ;)

Nice! Homebrew with homegrown hops, sounds like a great package is on the way. Do you bottle condition or bottle from the keg?

Nice! Homebrew with homegrown hops, sounds like a great package is on the way. Do you bottle condition or bottle from the keg?

bottle condition. I havent graduated to kegging yet. Not for lack of funds, just havent found the motivation to get it set up. I dont mind bottling, either, so.....someday

bottle condition. I havent graduated to kegging yet. Not for lack of funds, just havent found the motivation to get it set up. I dont mind bottling, either, so.....someday

This is how I felt, until I kegged for the first time. Although bottling was fun because the wife would help out, she was the designated capper.

Consider a picnic tap? It's fairly inexpensive and an easy way to start kegging. Not to mention, you look pretty badass bringing your own keg to a party.

alright, all sent out, and on the way. Damn shipping cost more than the beer almost, because its at the xmas rate. Xmas rate, what a load.

So i guess its my turn!

Im in idaho, and can pretty much get anything made in oregon and washington.

I like all styles, but not a big fan of sours. My fav. is stouts

Consider a picnic tap? It's fairly inexpensive and an easy way to start kegging. Not to mention, you look pretty badass bringing your own keg to a party.

this is my next plan. Mabe ill get some gift cards here in a few days :)

alright, all sent out, and on the way. Damn shipping cost more than the beer almost, because its at the xmas rate. Xmas rate, what a load.

So i guess its my turn!

Im in idaho, and can pretty much get anything made in oregon and washington.

I like all styles, but not a big fan of sours. My fav. is stouts

If this is still riding after the holidays, i'll pick it up so we can keep this going.

fedex says delivery left at front door! Hope its not freezing outside over there :)

Far from freezing, and everything made it perfectly fine! It was great to see so many IPA's. Honestly I think I'm most excited about the homebrew. I'm assuming these guys will need some more time to carb by looking at their dates. Can't wait to try them all!

Thanks Terek :mug:

Far from freezing, and everything made it perfectly fine! It was great to see so many IPA's. Honestly I think I'm most excited about the homebrew. I'm assuming these guys will need some more time to carb by looking at their dates. Can't wait to try them all!

Thanks Terek :mug:

Ya, id give em a couple weeks. I tried one of ea last night. The ipa was pretty close to carbed, but still green tasting. the iipa was not really carbed at all yet. Very good though, i was trying to make it come out a bit sweet, and it did. Fedex did ask me not to ship in brewery boxes, cuz they have to black em out......whatever

lol, i saw the pic you posted, and got jealous. Went and picked my own up :) This is one of my fav. brews. Over the years, i have created a dead on clone of this brew. Havent bought it for a while, cuz its spendy and i can make it :) Now i need to brew it for a side by side, but when i took the first drink tonight, i was like "ow ya, mine tastes like this all right!!" ......the wife rolled her eyes........ Had to put it in the goose glass, after a successful goose hunt, and all

WP_20151222_17_16_35_Pro.jpg

lol, i saw the pic you posted, and got jealous. Went and picked my own up :) This is one of my fav. brews. Over the years, i have created a dead on clone of this brew. Havent bought it for a while, cuz its spendy and i can make it :) Now i need to brew it for a side by side, but when i took the first drink tonight, i was like "ow ya, mine tastes like this all right!!" ......the wife rolled her eyes........ Had to put it in the goose glass, after a successful goose hunt, and all

Just had it last night! Incredibly juicy, bitterness not overpowering, very easy to drink, delicious. Is one of your homebrews that you sent me suppose to be a clone of this? Can you tell me the details of the hop bill/grain bill for your IPA and IIPA? Thanks.

Just had it last night! Incredibly juicy, bitterness not overpowering, very easy to drink, delicious. Is one of your homebrews that you sent me suppose to be a clone of this? Can you tell me the details of the hop bill/grain bill for your IPA and IIPA? Thanks.

na, no clone. i didnt have much homebrew available. Havent been able to brew cuz of the move.
Those were kind of experements with my homegrown hops. Trying to find a good hop to blend with them. It puts off a strange taste when not blended well. Been hard, but i think i found that citra blends well.

The IPA i like, but wouldnt sit down and have 3-4 in a row. It has a weird taste tht i have been getting with those homegrown hops when i dont blend them with a good hop.

IPA 7% 75 IBU

9# 2-row
1# munich 10L
1# 60L

1oz chinook at 60
1/2 oz each chinook and homegrown cascade at:
10 min
5 min
flameout

1 oz each chinook and homegrown cascade dry hop for 4 days.
US-05 yeast, new pack

The IIPA, i really enjoy. Pretty much got the taste i wanted. I could sit down and have 3-4, but i recommend not, you would get very drunk :)

IIPA 8.2% 64 IBU

10.5# 2-row
1# munich 10L
1# 120L
1# table sugar

1oz citra at 60
1/2 oz each citra and homegrown cascade at:
10 min
5 min
flameout

1oz each citra and homegrown cascade dry hop for 5 days.
US-04 new pack

I cracked one of each last night to get a taste test. Could still sit for a bit to let the flavors flesh out. Carbed up nice though

Thank you for your participating. I know how it is when saving for a house. We ate Ramen for 6 months!

Just got through this! I remember mentioning that someone should start a thread like this in the Easy MAW...glad to see you did it Pointcity! I am in to contribute but it looks like Terek has spoken for Idaho. Let me know when I can join!

Just got through this! I remember mentioning that someone should start a thread like this in the Easy MAW...glad to see you did it Pointcity! I am in to contribute but it looks like Terek has spoken for Idaho. Let me know when I can join!

aw bummer! Well, you can get whoever picks me up :)

I have been looking to get into trading for awhile, but never pulled the trigger. I don't meet all of the requirements for this thread, I have been a member for a couple of years, and am a supporter of the site, but I have few posts and no trader history. I could go make a bunch of nonsense posts to get to 100, but I don't think that does anyone any favors.

So...

If someone is willing to trade with me to get me some feedback, I am interested. If I can join the fun on the list here, I am more than willing to ship first and wait for the recipient to confirm receipt, no worries...

By the way, how are you guys figuring out what to send? The rules are at least 48 ounces, but form the pictures, people are being much more generous than that, which I think is great. Just curious if you are buying things you just want to share, or filling a certain size box, or shooting for a rough dollar amount?

So, if anyone is interested in helping me get started with feedback, just let me know. I am in Virginia. I also work in Maryland, so either should be easy, and there are a few breweries in DC that are pretty easy to come by as well...

Thanks

I have been looking to get into trading for awhile, but never pulled the trigger. I don't meet all of the requirements for this thread, I have been a member for a couple of years, and am a supporter of the site, but I have few posts and no trader history. I could go make a bunch of nonsense posts to get to 100, but I don't think that does anyone any favors.

So...

If someone is willing to trade with me to get me some feedback, I am interested. If I can join the fun on the list here, I am more than willing to ship first and wait for the recipient to confirm receipt, no worries...

By the way, how are you guys figuring out what to send? The rules are at least 48 ounces, but form the pictures, people are being much more generous than that, which I think is great. Just curious if you are buying things you just want to share, or filling a certain size box, or shooting for a rough dollar amount?

So, if anyone is interested in helping me get started with feedback, just let me know. I am in Virginia. I also work in Maryland, so either should be easy, and there are a few breweries in DC that are pretty easy to come by as well...

Thanks

I would trade, but it would be very similar in content. :D

That being said, folks generally seem to fill a standard size box to a comfortable level. Some of us may go a bit overboard, but that is because we are crazy. I usually just find a box in the basement, figure out how many bottles it will take to make sure they aren't going rattle around a break, and then go get them!

I'll echo banesong here, I ship whatever will fit in the box, and whatever suits my fancy. My first LOT shipment was lighter than I wanted, because Christmas broke my bank account and I may have consumed a few that I had earmarked for it. The box I received was almost stupidly over packed, and my next one will certainly be repayment for that kindness.

PM me, I'll throw something together for you. Hope you like Lone Star.

So...

Thanks

Being a lifetime supporter as well as the membership time, it is fine with me if you want to grant. If you would just post on the thread that you have shipped and the recipient confirms then your eligible to be granted.

Thanks for participating.

I'll echo banesong here, I ship whatever will fit in the box, and whatever suits my fancy. My first LOT shipment was lighter than I wanted, because Christmas broke my bank account and I may have consumed a few that I had earmarked for it. The box I received was almost stupidly over packed, and my next one will certainly be repayment for that kindness.

PM me, I'll throw something together for you. Hope you like Lone Star.

Go forth with this trade if you'd like, I was by no means trying to stop this trade by allowing the participation here.

Being a lifetime supporter as well as the membership time, it is fine with me if you want to grant. If you would just post on the thread that you have shipped and the recipient confirms then your eligible to be granted.

Thanks for participating.

Go forth with this trade if you'd like, I was by no means trying to stop this trade by allowing the participation here.

I need a trade like I need a hole in my head. Just trying to get him rushed in here/accidentally snag some Terrapin maybe. No biggie.

Thanks guys!

If I understand everything OK, I will be granting to Terek. He favors Stouts, and doesn't want Sours.

Do I send him a PM directly to get a mailing address?

I post here when sent, and PM him the tracking.

Banesong: Yeah, I think I will save the shipping! ;-)

1977brewer: I can trade with you if you like, I saw your post about needing another trade like a hole in the head though. I lived in Houston for a couple of years, had plenty of Lonestar back then, haven't had it in awhile though. There wasn't a lot of micro-brew back then, it was in the 90's, but that's where I started my homebrewing, so good memories...

Thanks guys!

If I understand everything OK, I will be granting to Terek. He favors Stouts, and doesn't want Sours.

Yes, just shoot Terek a pm for his shipping info. Correct, that way whomever grants knows that you have shipped.

Thanks guys!

Banesong: Yeah, I think I will save the shipping! ;-)

1977brewer: I can trade with you if you like, I saw your post about needing another trade like a hole in the head though. I lived in Houston for a couple of years, had plenty of Lonestar back then, haven't had it in awhile though. There wasn't a lot of micro-brew back then, it was in the 90's, but that's where I started my homebrewing, so good memories...

Right on! thanks for granting. I sent my info, but im not sure if it actually sent, keeps giving me some weird message. Let me know if ya got it

Yup, PM came through with no issues. I will be shopping this weekend, and mailing sometime next week, will send tracking when I have it...

BTW, totally jealous of your Brew Room!!!

I keep saying I need to get in on this. Since we have a new guy going with a wait to grant on, I will grant SMPress. If he falls through, which I really doubt will happen, I will get Terek.

That will keep things moving along nicely... for you mobile users, I am in Indiana.

SMPress, what styles do you favor? I am HB dry, but have a great distro that some people in your area love to hit me up for. Send me your address.

PatrickGoss: Sending you a PM momentarily. I am open to about anything I can imagine, to include Cider or Meade. I rather enjoy Rauch's, APA's, Stouts, Porters, IPA's, Sours like Grand Crue or Flanders Red, really just about anything...

Thanks for picking me up! I have purchased the beers I will be sending out to Terek tonight, but wont be able to ship them until Monday or possibly Tuesday...

I keep saying I need to get in on this. Since we have a new guy going with a wait to grant on, I will grant SMPress. If he falls through, which I really doubt will happen, I will get Terek.

That will keep things moving along nicely... for you mobile users, I am in Indiana.

SMPress, what styles do you favor? I am HB dry, but have a great distro that some people in your area love to hit me up for. Send me your address.

I will pick you up Patrick. Just give me a week or so to ship. I am good for it.

As for me anything not distributed in MS AL or TN. The smaller the distribution the better.

I will pick you up Patrick. Just give me a week or so to ship. I am good for it.

As for me anything not distributed in MS AL or TN. The smaller the distribution the better.

Remind me, what do you like? Sours, stouts, etc? I'll pick this up for you if that's okay.

Back