Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No harm had been done as he had not received a shipment form anyone, so he had no gain.

That's true on this thread at least, but over on the eMAW thread he apparently received a package while never getting his sent out. So that thread is still rolling along, but one person has been shafted so far. :/

That's true on this thread at least, but over on the eMAW thread he apparently received a package while never getting his sent out. So that thread is still rolling along, but one person has been shafted so far. :/

Yeah that thread moves too fast for its own good sometimes. With how long he's been on this forum I hope he is genuinely busy(his bio does in fact say he's a farmer) but you have to doubt sometimes.

I'm not involved in the eMAW so I cannot speak for how it is run. I was only speaking about this thread. I thought the shipping rules were the same, maybe they have gotten lenient for the sake of moving the thread along.?

The fact of the matter is you will have this type of situation, it is inevitable. It is also a chance you take when you decide to participate in any sort of trading. Luckily I have had nothing but positive experiences when trading, I am also careful and do not set up trades with people that I have not spoken with in the past.

Hey everybody,

Been subscribed for a long time trying to get my "Numbers" up but still not there yet. I'd like to participate (if allowed). Seems like a hectic time in this thread to ask but who's up?

ThatVideoKid can vouch for me too.

I'm not involved in the eMAW so I cannot speak for how it is run. I was only speaking about this thread. I thought the shipping rules were the same, maybe they have gotten lenient for the sake of moving the thread along.?

The fact of the matter is you will have this type of situation, it is inevitable. It is also a chance you take when you decide to participate in any sort of trading. Luckily I have had nothing but positive experiences when trading, I am also careful and do not set up trades with people that I have not spoken with in the past.

Yeah I was the one who actually granted on the eMAW. I stil have all his info.

Hey everybody,

Been subscribed for a long time trying to get my "Numbers" up but still not there yet. I'd like to participate (if allowed). Seems like a hectic time in this thread to ask but who's up?

ThatVideoKid can vouch for me too.

I will be up once @jimmerz has sent @Helly shipping confirmation. I will then ship to @jimmerz, waiting on his address.

If you want you can ship to me, granted you'll have to ship before being shipped to.

I will be up once @jimmerz has sent @Helly shipping confirmation. I will then ship to @jimmerz, waiting on his address.

If you want you can ship to me, granted you'll have to ship before being shipped to.

I'm ok shipping first but if I remember reading back you're a Texas guy huh? I'm in Houston and I'm worried I won't excite you. Haha your call.

So... I'm still not totally clear on how this works. I basically post here asking "who wants a Maine beer care package?" and somebody claims it? Or does somebody post looking for beer and I sign up to fulfill?

So... I'm still not totally clear on how this works. I basically post here asking "who wants a Maine beer care package?" and somebody claims it? Or does somebody post looking for beer and I sign up to fulfill?

For example, you would look to see who was the last person to grant. Then you would say I can grant that person and you would send local beer to that person. Then your up next, and someone else will say ok, I can grant Mainer, and they'll send you their local beer. Make sense?

For example, you would look to see who was the last person to grant. Then you would say I can grant that person and you would send local beer to that person. Then your up next, and someone else will say ok, I can grant Mainer, and they'll send you their local beer. Make sense?
Oh, okay. So... the thread's moving fast, and I'm not sure who granted last. Was it @KyleF318is or @Jimmerz?

I have no idea who is up, because things seemed to have gotten messed up recently. Technically @KyleF318is is ineligible, because he hasn't meet the 100 post requirement.

Okay. For now then, I'll simply state my interest and wait for the last person who fulfilled to declare themselves.

@KyleF318is you need to have 100 post count before you can grant. Not trying to be a dick or anything but them the rules.

He has been cleared, given that he ships before being shipped to.

2 out of the three requirements are met so I am being lenient, had he not been a member since 2014 or 0 itrader feedback I may of reconsidered.

Once a valid tracking number is received, then @KyleF318is will be on deck.

(And yes, I realize I have no trade feedback, so I'll have to ship before I get anything.)

He has been cleared, given that he ships before being shipped to.

2 out of the three requirements are met so I am being lenient, had he not been a member since 2014 or 0 itrader feedback I may of reconsidered.

Once a valid tracking number is received, then @KyleF318is will be on deck.

Yes and I traded with him so I can confirm that he is legit.

Just to slow things down a bit... I'm shipping tomorrow to @Helly.

Then point city will ship to me, then Mainer will ship to point city...

I feel like a Junior going to Senior prom! Thanks for allowing the rules to bend a little. I was one second away from bumping 80 different forum threads! I'm getting the stuff tomorrow and am hoping to send it tomorrow or Friday! Don't want to hold anyone else up!

If I jump in now... Who do I ship to?
You could ship to me, but you can't ship to me til I ship to KyleF318is.
I can't ship to KyleF318is until he ships to jimmerz.
Kyle can't ship to jimmerz til jimmerz ships to Helly.
Clear as mud?

@pointcity-homebrew I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but maybe there needs to be a hold on the thread till all these last packages have been sent out. Seems like a lot of confusion has been going on because people are grating so fast with out anything going out.

@pointcity-homebrew I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but maybe there needs to be a hold on the thread till all these last packages have been sent out. Seems like a lot of confusion has been going on because people are grating so fast with out anything going out.

I agree that it is moving rather quick, which means the thread is picking up steam.

I mentioned in earlier posts that we need to hold of until the exceptions have shipped.

Hopefully we will update the shipping info this week.

Shipping info received, @KyleF318is is good to go feel free to grant.

@jimmerz send me you shipping info, I'll get you sent out Monday.

I posted a while ago. How do I get in line...the rules aren't really clear...

I posted a while ago. How do I get in line...the rules aren't really clear...

Easy, grant and be granted.

First start by meeting the minimum requirements, if your close then you may be eligible.

See who is "on deck" and ship them some of your local or small distributed beer.

The goal of this is to get your local gems into the hands of people that would otherwise have access to it.

This spreads the word of your local breweries

Once you have shipped, you are now up to be granted by someone.

I'm just waiting to hear confirmation of Kyle's shipment. If he sends today, I'll ship Monday.

Back