Local Home Brew Shop Prices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you get stuff?? Usually buy online but wouldn't mind supporting the local economy.

I agree with kcinpdx, I love living in the fruitfull Willamette Valley-hops are abundant! I drive up to Portland from Salem once a month to purchase my ingredients for the month. The local shop here in Salem buys his supplies from one of the same shops that I go to!

I buy most of my stuff locally; I've used both BMW and Breworganic.com for grains, but I don't like shipping yeast. I could have it shipped from MoreBeer, but even then it's on a hot truck plus warehoused overnight. If I buy locally I just drive up to my LHBS and get everything I need. I might save a bit on hops, but the extra I pay won't kill me.

Now, I did pay ~$100 extra on my kegerator, which was a lot more than I wanted to. If there's a next time I'm gonna be cheap for that.

Alchemy, I am definitely feeling your pain. I usually go the LHBS in Aurora but am going to have to start buying online because the markups are just ridiculous. I love being able to go in and talk to the guys at the shop and they were instrumental in getting me started when I first got into brewing, but i just can't justify the prices.

Latest posts

Back