Local for Local: Interested in trading

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopheadNJ

Reaction score
I'm into trading beers, but it seems like most of the time people are only looking for/offering very limited releases. I'm always interested in trying new beers people are digging that can't be had in my area. I'm located in NJ, with access to some great local packaged beer (Carton Boat Beer cans & Kane Brewing bottle releases) as well as growlers, and access to some of the best breweries in the country. Hunterdon has the largest portfolio of some of the finer brands offered in NJ but they aren't the only craft distributor.

Lets talk about swapping beers! :mug:

Unfortunately shipping beer gets a little expensive and when your trading for something that is not "hyped" or wanted by the other party it starts to become expensive.

Try taking some brewery trips to the island or upstate to diversify your tastings. Theres a ton in Brooklyn alone.

Cheers buddy

Join the next swap o rama! Ill start it back up in January. You will get a random box of local stuff from anywhere in the u.s....its pretty fun.

Unfortunately shipping beer gets a little expensive and when your trading for something that is not "hyped" or wanted by the other party it starts to become expensive.

Try taking some brewery trips to the island or upstate to diversify your tastings. Theres a ton in Brooklyn alone.

Cheers buddy

I understand it can be expensive shipping beer, but this was really directed towards people that understand that. There are plenty of great beers that may not be hyped the way a select few, are that simply willl never make it too far beyond it's intended (local) market.

I've had beers from pretty much all of the breweries in the metro area. I'm trying to diversify my tastes outside of my regional market.

I have a few trades right now. I would be down with doing something after the holidays. I enjoy trying stuff I can't get here in Chicago, doesn't have to be hard to get for you because it certainly all is for me!

This sounds like something I'm interested in!

Its the whole reason I started the swap o rama, there are so many local/smaller breweries that make delicious stuff. Yet no one really trades for them. And whats better than a box full of beer you didnt know existed???

Its the whole reason I started the swap o rama, there are so many local/smaller breweries that make delicious stuff. Yet no one really trades for them. And whats better than a box full of beer you didnt know existed???

Yeah I really want to get in on one of those. Great idea!

Join the next swap o rama! Ill start it back up in January. You will get a random box of local stuff from anywhere in the u.s....its pretty fun.

Awesome suggestion, as a member i dont know why i didn't think of that.

Looking forward to the next!

Is this available to all members or is there a criteria that must be met?

Is this available to all members or is there a criteria that must be met?

Take a read of the first post in one of the threads, it will explain it all. In short, yes anyone can join, but there are only three allowed at a first come first serve basis.

And hopheadnj, if you want to trade for local stuff, find someone in texas that has glen ellum stuff, its delicious!

TheMan,

I think you mean Deep Ellum. We have some of that down here in Houston (it's a Dallas/Fort Worth beer). I may not have the 100 posts (yet) but I am hoping to join in a beer swap/MAW beginning next year.

Coy94

Back