Little help with trellis ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshyG

Reaction score
370B7300-E9E8-4CC8-A076-3461D9A6662D.jpeg
370B7300-E9E8-4CC8-A076-3461D9A6662D.jpeg
I have three rhizomes that are already growing a lot.

I dug yo where I was going to put them in the pic below but there’s concrete under the dirt near the wall there.

The idea I had was to put beams in the dirt and have it go up the wall but I don’t know anymore because that shitty concrete is going into the dirt.

Otherwise maybe build a wooden above ground system and attach the beams to that, maybe have a drip system?

Any advise or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

Move to the country. Otherwise attach some eyelet bolts at the top and run rope to it.

I just made this today

Attachments

• 7CA0AFEB-DAFB-458B-80D7-D04BB47A96FB.jpeg
    7CA0AFEB-DAFB-458B-80D7-D04BB47A96FB.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 92
That’s probably your best bet. I was going to suggest either a very large pot or a taller than average raised bed to provide as much soil as possible for the plant to grow in.

That’s probably your best bet. I was going to suggest either a very large pot or a taller than average raised bed to provide as much soil as possible for the plant to grow in.
I have three types of rhizomes too I hope that works. Three ropes for each...

Attachments

• 87FDAAF0-9ADF-4044-8ADF-18EF63CBD2FC.jpeg
    87FDAAF0-9ADF-4044-8ADF-18EF63CBD2FC.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
yea.... if string is your beginning place, almost anything goes from there on up. You could put a bronze stature of Charlie papazian and they would grow up it with some kind of connectors

Looks good. Three types might be a little tricky in that space, but I'd still go for it. Sometimes you have to do the best you can with what you have.

yea.... if string is your beginning place, almost anything goes from there on up. You could put a bronze stature of Charlie papazian and they would grow up it with some kind of connectors

That guys Armenian!

Looks good. Three types might be a little tricky in that space, but I'd still go for it. Sometimes you have to do the best you can with what you have.

That’s what I was thinking too but I mean we can see what happens I guess,

I think you will have a hard time telling which is which. Also you will have the plants sending out runners underground that will be mixing so you will not know which type is which. If you can get some type of divider, perhaps a plastic sheet from an old plastic roll up snow sled, that you could put vertically into your bed to divide it.

Back