little help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregkeller

Reaction score
Looks like we might get above freezing temps for a few days this weekend for the first time in what feels like forever. That means brew day to help get the pipeline going again. Since i don't have a ton of time to prep/get to the homebrew store this is gonna have to be from the stuff on hand. Plan is to brew two batches, a session IPA and a full strength IPA. So little help with the recipes would be appreciated.

Session IPA (i like to try and produce a little bit of a less fermentable wort so i'm left with some mouthfeel in a low alcohol beer)
OG-1.045
FG-1.014
IBU's 43
-6 lbs 2 row
-2 lbs wheat malt
-1 lb C10
-.5 lbs carastan (35 L)
-8 oz victory
Hopping:
2:1 ratio of amarillo:simcoe throughout

1oz FWH
1.5 oz @10 minutes
1.5 oz @ 5 minutes
1.5 oz @ flameout (very short whirlpool/hopstand) I can chill directly into the fermenter through plate chiller in a single pass.
3 oz dryhop
Yeast: Wyeast west yorkshire @ 68deg

Full strength IPA (here i want to dry it out much more than the little IPA)
OG: 1.070
FG: 1.010
IBU's 65

10 lbs 2-row (maybe pilsner if i don't have enough 2 row)
4 lbs wheat
1 lb munich
.5 lb C15

Hops;
1:1 ratio of cascade:rakau
2oz FWH
2oz @10 min
4oz @5 min
4oz @ flameout (short hop stand)
4oz dryhop

Yeast: Brett Trois @68 deg.

Any help is appreciated. I've got a decent amount of other hops/malt on hand if you see something missing, or think something doesn't fit. Appreciate any ideas. Just glad i'll be able to brew, i've only got half a keg of a milk stout left on tap and 6 empty kegs staring at me every time i go into the basement.

Back