List your favorite 3 beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmmm....Had to think on this one for a bit, but the 1st three that come to mind are:

1. Fire Rock - Kona Brewing Co.

2. Broken Halo - Widmer

3. Franziskaner Hefeweizen

Great tasting beers that a lot of my BMC drinkers love.

No thought, off the top of my head.

1. Oskar Blues - Old Chub
2. Ommegang - Hennepin
3. New Glarus - Smoke on the Porter

Ask tomorrow and you probably get three other responses.

1. Ommegang Abbey Ale
2. Keegan Ales Mothers Milk
3. Smuttynose Shoals Pale Ale (I also really like their Old Brown Dog) but was trying to pick a variety.)

only 3 is difficult:

1. Old Rasputin (and if anyone knows where I can find it in NJ, please please please let me know)
2. Chouffe Houblon
3. DFH 90 MIN

No thought, off the top of my head.

1. Oskar Blues - Old Chub
2. Ommegang - Hennepin
3. New Glarus - Smoke on the Porter

Ask tomorrow and you probably get three other responses.

Hennepin that good? Hmmm my gf's roommate has a bottle in her fridge...maybe I should get on over there.

Picking 3 is hard but...

1) Weyenbacher Double Simcoe IPA
2) Brooklyn Chocolate Stout
3) Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar

And just for fun least favorite - Tequiza (what a terrible idea)

I am very flavor of the month too, but currently it's:

Samuel Smith - Oatmeal Stout
Avery - Hogheaven Barleywine-style Ale
Kona - Pipeline Porter (coffee)

... and speaking of nasty beers, does anyone have any experience with that Bud Clamato?!?

The Shiner Kolsch I had after passing the bar. The Labatt Blue I had after graduation. And the Shiner Bock at my wedding.

hmm

1. guinness atop the guinness store house and throughout dublin
2. giving my friends a taste of my first stout and showing them that they really like stout after all
3. PBR - there's a reason it has a blue ribbon

Impossible. Totally impossible. My tastes change from time to time.

The three best beers I have had are the best big stout I had last, the best big IPA, and the most balanced British pale.

Hennepin that good? Hmmm my gf's roommate has a bottle in her fridge...maybe I should get on over there.

Picking 3 is hard but...

1) Weyenbacher Double Simcoe IPA
2) Brooklyn Chocolate Stout
3) Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar

And just for fun least favorite - Tequiza (what a terrible idea)

Hennepin, was one of the first to come to mind because I've never had a bottle that I didn't seriously enjoy, but Hennepin could be replaced with Jolly Pumpkin Bam Bier, Allagash White, or any of the hundreds I haven't tried. Enjoy the Hennepin and the girlfriend...in no particular order.

Bridgeport IPA best for drinking just to drink kind of like a mowing the lawn beer.
HOP 15 from Port brewing good stuff
Jolly Roger best seasonal beer out there can't wait for november to roll around

In no order. i think my fav three would change and a monthly basis, at least seasonal. Ask me in the winter and I'd probably toss in some stouts and porters on the list, in the summer, some lighter beers, in the fall, def some octoberfests and fall beers, and spring is a little of everything. So i have a little of each season in here.

Coronado Island Brewery Islander IPA
Southern Tier Hop Sun
Sierra Nevada Celebration

Amen to the Hennepin!

1. Hennepin There can be only one.

2. Third Coast Old Ale
3. Shipyard (born in Maine)

Most consumed: Miller Lite. yeah. I said it.

in no particular order:
shiner's bock
paulaner hefe
newcastle brown

boulevard brewing co is local to me, all the bars are filled with their stuff and it's GOOD, it's hard to point to which specific flavor is the current favorite. i do have a couple of their double wide ipa's in the fridge tho :D

Three beers, really? It's like picking your favorite kid....

1. Sierra Nevada Bigfoot
2. Bells Hop Slam
3. Flying Dog Gonzo

Picking 3 is tough, but...

1. Victory Prima Pils
2. Dogfish Shelter Pale Ale
3. Guinness draught

Don't laugh but, I am known to dabble in some Coronas and High Lifes during the summer months...

Amen to the Hennepin!

3. Shipyard (born in Maine)

I don't usually go out of my way to bash beer but i'm sorry i have to. I really wanted to like this beer, i really did. 2 Years in Kittery and i tried all their beer. The stout the IPA everything. I hated their beers. I mean WTF yeast do they use. No stand outs all bland representations of real styles. That said Maine rocks and Bar harbor brewery is amazing. #4 scotch ale in the world!

1. Tallgrass Brewerys - IPA
2. Flying Dog - Double Pale Ale
3. Boulevard Brewery - Unfiltered Wheat Beer

I don't usually go out of my way to bash beer but i'm sorry i have to. I really wanted to like this beer, i really did. 2 Years in Kittery and i tried all their beer. The stout the IPA everything. I hated their beers. I mean WTF yeast do they use. No stand outs all bland representations of real styles. That said Maine rocks and Bar harbor brewery is amazing. #4 scotch ale in the world!

:mug:
Well, the only time I drink it is when I go visit my family up there, that may have something to do with the enjoyment factor. Keep in mind, not all of us are homebrew masters yet. A ton of people here are all about arrogant bastard ale and I am not a fan.

1. Harpoon Leviathan IIPA
2. Allagash Dubbel
3. I don't think I can commit to a third... Those are my two favorites without a doubt

I had the opportunity to visit Shipyard a few years back and I really enjoyed the tour and samples, the Ol' Thumper stood out at the time, but I haven't picked up any since that tour. I believe they ferment using the Ringwood Ale yeast which has an odd character to say the least. Many seem to complain the Ringwood strain is a yeast with a bit of fruity character that seems to produce diacetyl fairly easily. If I recall the Shipyard podcast on The BN Sunday Session correctly, Alan Pugsley brewed using open fermentation at a brewery in Burton-On-Trent and when he came to America to work with Shipyard brought the yeast as a tool. Maine does rock though.

DFH! DFH!

1. DFH Midas Touch (freaking amazing)
2. DFH 60 IPA
3. DFH Shelter Pale Ale

Did I mention I love DFH?

Back