• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New York Like New - Blichmann Glycol Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Blichmann Glycol Chiller from MoreBeer to replace a really loud Stasis. The Blichmann is MUCH quieter, but is slightly too loud for my apartment.

BF68403E-7D22-4A92-B6ED-33B749AE89C7.jpeg

I've got an RMA set up with MoreBeer, but it's going to cost $120 to ship it back to them. My plan is to return it early next week, but before I ship it out I figured I'd offer it to anyone here who might want a Blichmann chiller, and wants a deal. I'd rather the shipping cost stay in a homebrewer's pocket rather than go to FedEx. ;)

I paid $980 for it including tax - Price is $850 firm.

If you want the 7.5 gal of 1:2 glycol/distilled water mixture to fill it, I'll throw that in for another $40 (original cost was ~$80).

Local pickup only in Queens NYC.

Last edited:
saw this... really should have got the stasis from you.

ordered a brewtech

Got the Ss Brewtech 1/5 HP unit about 10 months ago after considering the Stasis. Couldn't be happier with it. More than enough power to chill 2 7-gallon fermenters at lagering temps. Might struggle crashing two at a time, but after the yeast drops I keg and condition in a spare refrigerator. Never measured the sound since it's located in a laundry area, but I know it's much quieter than SWMBO'd high-e washer and/or dryer. Very satisfied.

Brooo Brother

saw this... really should have got the stasis from you.

ordered a brewtech

Both the SS Brewtech and the Blichmann are really nice pieces of equipment. The Stasis almost got there - it was the right size/cooling capacity for what I needed, but the noise was just too much. :(

As a side note, bumping this once more tomorrow. If nobody is interested in this by Monday evening, I’ll print the shipping label and send it back.

the brewtech is probably going to be more than i need. like all of us, i've dicked around building gear on my own, trying a lot of combinations, etc. i really want to try a peltier build but the inefficiency is a killer. i "lost" my ferm chamber to the pandemic as it is now being used as the chest freezer it is. if i had it, I'd have 5 gallons of water (or something) pumping through a collar. oh well...

i'm excited for the brewtech chiller. at this point, it's the last piece of gear in my lineup. I've built an electric 10G system (i know more about electricity now than i ever cared to know). at this point, i didn't want to spend an extra $500 screwing around trying to do something on the cheap when I could have done it correctly out of the gate for just a touch more.

that said, i really wanted to try this Glycol Chiller Build but the cost was going to be about $300 cheaper than a regular chiller... so why mess around?

Latest posts

Back