Like 'Cube said, Today Was A Good Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiery Sword

Reaction score
Man, this has been a long week.

First week at new job (misc stress), tripled commute time (sucks, but worth the $), worked yesterday at the bar, was too tired to do anything last night and ended up konked at 9:30. I was going through HBT withdrawal (don’t want to do too much internet surfing while a ‘new’ employee) but yesterday I was just too tired to log on and catch up on a week’s worth of unread material (aside: anything scary happen like new member/slow burn/fireworks finale/ban!?!) Then today. Nice out, almost 60 degrees, and the Beer Gods redeemed an otherwise long and annoying week.

I had a pretty good operation set up for today, including: cleaning (2) 5gal and (2) 2.5gal cornies, jumping keg-conditioned stout to new cornie, splitting up the Pilsner into the 2.5’s, kegging the IPA in the 5, then mixing up a Vinoka Pear Cider kit that Northern Brewer was (is?) unloading for $35 (I’m just intrigued, but SWMBO was actually into putting it together….cool :rockin: ).

Scrubbed everything, sanitized, set up. The keg cleaning went fine, and while everything was drying me and SWMBO went at the Cider. Very straight forward process, went well. The stuff smelled pretty good. After primary is done I’ll be throwing in a little bottle of their Pear extract them racking a few times before kegging/forcing. This all went perfecto. I had some Milagro Anejo and Leinenkugel’s Sunset Wheat at hand, the windows were open and I had The Byrds Play Dylan cranking on the dbx’s. (Note: Never saw/had the Leinenkugel before, but it’s a pretty good wheat. Quite possibly better than Blue Moon.)

Cider’s pitched, capped off and in the <warm> closet, on to the kegging. I had hauled both the Pils and the IPA onto the kitchen table, switched the Byrds to some Ramble Tamble (my official force carbonation song/music……I highly suggest it.), and had all three kegs shook up in no time. Threw them in the keg fridge, rigged up the gas, then jumped the stout. ("This is quite possible the best beer I've ever made" - but I also might just be buzz-over-hyping!!) Finished everything, cleaned up, and here we are. There is significantly less tequila hanging around, but technically there is much more beer (after all I just kegged/moved 15 gallons!). :D

Oh, and did I mention that three racks of baby backs have been smoking since 8:00AM? The Mets are going to open up the season in 3 hours, so I’m going to stop typing and queue up every song that reminds me of beer, baseball and summer and go smoke a cigar in the yard. It’s been a good Sunday.:tank:

Sounds like a full plate.

I used to commute from Philly to Tinton Falls/Ft. Monmouth, NJ ... about 90 miles one way. That crap ended after 3 months.

Now it takes me 40 min to get in to the office (about 32 miles) and no traffic.

Out here in corn country it probably takes me all month to add up to the traffic you see in one day. It's that way when I travel to No Jersey...everyday....no more.

It better be good scratch.:D

I had a friend's wedding last night. The Best Man has a bad drinking problem that causes him to want to sleep with every woman in the room. The problem is that his wife was there. Long story, but they got into a big fight and she left, which made him think that he was free to hit on every girl. So I ended up spending the last couple hours of the wedding trying to keep him away from the girls on the dance floor. Eventually, the Matron of Honor's husband politely threatened to kick his ass if he didn't quit hitting on his wife.

So afterwards SWMBO and I end up doing some late night heavy drinking with another couple that we're friends with. I vaguely remember the entire night, but I remember a moment where the non-SWMBO girl and I came close to making out when I was walking with her to her room so she could smoke. Thankfully my better senses were working.

I woke up this morning in the right bed with the right woman. Thankfully. So this morning I felt like ass and had to my parents house to pick up HWMBO. The little guy has an infection in his mouth (herp) and he's teething, so it's been a fun evening.

Cheesefood, sounds like one of those drinkers remorse kind of nights. I had that kind of Friday eve. Very unproductive Sat.

Back