Life of a starter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
Just made. Starter around noon today, can I pitch it by noon tomorrow ?

How big of a starter did you make? What strain of yeast is it? What is your expected OG for tomorrows brew?

32 ounces of water and one vile of white labs Belgian wit. Og is supposed to be 1.047

I put it in a glass bottle and stored it in my closet. Where should I put it

A 1 quart start is usual fine for pitching the entire contents into the beer. I am not a huge fan of this practice, especially on larger starters so I do my starters 3-4 days ahead of time so I can refrigerate and then decant the yeast. With a one quart starter just pitch it all in tomorrow

A 1 quart start is usual fine for pitching the entire contents into the beer. I am not a huge fan of this practice, especially on larger starters so I do my starters 3-4 days ahead of time so I can refrigerate and then decant the yeast. With a one quart starter just pitch it all in tomorrow

^this!^

Just swirl it as often as you can. I like to make my starters at 65-70F, but 70-75F will likely be just fine.

Back