Liar’s Club Odd Gadgets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bleme

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My BIL just bought a house and previous resident left behind some kind of tool that has me puzzled and I thought it would be fun to have a thread about odd gadgets. So what is this? Lying is perfectly acceptable.
IMG_4553.JPG
IMG_4554.JPG
IMG_4555.JPG

Acne removal tool
Poison Ivy blister breaker (for use with Ivy Dry - upgrade for the Popsicle stick)
Wallpaper scorer

Yes. A type of hydrometer a saccharometer used like a hydrometer the calibrated weights float in the liquid and the scale is on the bar.

My BIL just bought a house and previous resident left behind some kind of tool that has me puzzled and I thought it would be fun to have a thread about odd gadgets. So what is this? Lying is perfectly acceptable.
View attachment 665164View attachment 665165View attachment 665166
Strip corn off the cob for brewing chicha. Speaking of odd things found in old homes a friend of mine found a taxidermy kiwi bird hiding in a kitchen drawer.

C7DED6CE-E135-4709-B29B-95696EBC7705.jpeg

Here’s something...

Strip corn off the cob for brewing chicha. Speaking of odd things found in old homes a friend of mine found a taxidermy kiwi bird hiding in a kitchen drawer.

View attachment 669978
Here’s something...

We used those to make grilled cheese on the fireplace when I was a kid. Not sure if they're actually for something similar or not, but true story.

We used those to make grilled cheese on the fireplace when I was a kid. Not sure if they're actually for something similar or not, but true story.
We had those too, indeed for making grilled cheese sandwiches over a fire. I remember them well, because we actually got good use out of them. While my parents were building our house out in the boonies, we'd be working on the property all the time and made a lot of meals over a fire. Then some more use when there were some big blizzards in the 70s, there were stretches when the fireplace was the only thing working. No idea what ever became of them, but I enjoyed seeing those and reminiscing, @Hoppy2bmerry!

Latest posts

Back