LHBS conundrum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emccarthy25

Reaction score
There are two home bbrew stores that I go to. I like both of them for different reasons. Store 1 is cheaper and closer and sells commercial beer, but don't have a great selection of equupment(although they will order stuff for me). Store 2 is quite a bit further away and is more expensive on everything they sell, yet seem more knowledgable and due to the fact they are only a home brew store have a uch better selection. Also their grain mill is better and he will sell by tenths of a pound if I need. I like store 2 more, but for the most part it seems better for me to use store 1.

What I seem to need is the best of both stores...I just wish ALL my issues were so enjoyable to deal with, lol

I also have 2 LHBSs. The only advantage that my store 1 has over my store 2 is that they are closer. Store 2 is friendlier, cheaper, bigger, and attached to Dry Dock Brewing ;)

I believe this is the perfect example of why capitalism is the preferred economic system. Goods and services are produced and sold by many vendors at varying rates. Customers have the freedom to choose which vendor they purchase from based on the quality and value of the goods and services they provide.

This isn't a conundrum, its a blessing. Imagine if the Republicrats were in charge of stocking our LHBS and offering brewing advice.

I have 3 I've been loyal to whilst moving around MA, and they all have their goods and bads. Ive stuck with the one with better customer service + ingredient availability combination.

The good news is you're supporting a homebrew shop wherever you are shopping. Hooray!

There are two home bbrew stores that I go to. I like both of them for different reasons. Store 1 is cheaper and closer and sells commercial beer, but don't have a great selection of equupment(although they will order stuff for me). Store 2 is quite a bit further away and is more expensive on everything they sell, yet seem more knowledgable and due to the fact they are only a home brew store have a uch better selection. Also their grain mill is better and he will sell by tenths of a pound if I need. I like store 2 more, but for the most part it seems better for me to use store 1.

What I seem to need is the best of both stores...I just wish ALL my issues were so enjoyable to deal with, lol

All my issues are so enjoyable to deal with BECAUSE of my homebrewing & drinking my own homebrew. My mother-in-law is pleasurable to be around after 3-4 of my homebrews!!!:tank:

All my issues are so enjoyable to deal with BECAUSE of my homebrewing & drinking my own homebrew. My mother-in-law is pleasurable to be around after 3-4 of my homebrews!!!:tank:

Now is that after she's had some homebrew, or YOU'VE had some homebrew? :D

Back