Let the Keezer build begin.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad4sax

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
First step to building was to buy the freezer. Got this one for less than half price at Lowes due to the small one inch dent in the front corner. :rockin:

Have the other parts on order. Mostly from keg connection.
The rest from Amazon and Ebay.

Can't wait to get this project started! :ban:

image.jpg

Good deal on the freezer, looks to be the same one I have. 7cu ft model idylis? (can't remember how to spell it)

Good deal on the freezer, looks to be the same one I have. 7cu ft model idylis? (can't remember how to spell it)

Yes it is. Still planning everything. How did you set yours up?

I was thinking 3 taps and my CO2 tank. I have a stc 1000 on order.

2x6 collar painted with white epoxy paint is my current thought.

Currently I have 2 taps, going to install a 3rd eventually, collar is only a 2x4. Nothing as nice as many I've seen around here. Just simple and it works. Only thing I wish I would have done different is attaching the collar to the lid instead of the freezer. Being only 5'9" makes it tough to get small stuff on the bottom.

How many kegs can fit in this? It's hard to find this exact model in the sticky. I am most likely going with this one and have been collecting parts and realized I got a 4 port distro block for co2 and a nitro setup... that means 2 tanks and 5 kegs.. possible?

Note: I currently have 3 ball locks but two are converted so 2 short fatties and 1 tall one.

I am still waiting on my kegs and tank to come. I think I can get 4 kegs and my tank if I use a 2X8 collar and put a keg on the hump.

I don't think your setup would fit.

Do a search. There is a thread with many freezer models with cardboard rounds showing what fits in each model. A great resource.

How many kegs can fit in this? It's hard to find this exact model in the sticky. I am most likely going with this one and have been collecting parts and realized I got a 4 port distro block for co2 and a nitro setup... that means 2 tanks and 5 kegs.. possible?

Note: I currently have 3 ball locks but two are converted so 2 short fatties and 1 tall one.

Your 5 kegs is asking a bit much for this freezer. 4 would fit ok, I have 2 ball locks and 2 converted (short fatties), if I arrange it right I can probably squeeze all 4 in but it would be snug.

Might have to step it up and go larger... I would use less but I already got the deal on the 4 block distro and now I want more kegs :).

Edit: Another idea... Since I am going to be encasing the thing in wood, I could have the tanks sit on the outside behind it on a shelf and just have kegs inside.. might be able to make 5 work that way. /threadhijack

Might have to step it up and go larger... I would use less but I already got the deal on the 4 block distro and now I want more kegs :).

Edit: Another idea... Since I am going to be encasing the thing in wood, I could have the tanks sit on the outside behind it on a shelf and just have kegs inside.. might be able to make 5 work that way. /threadhijack

I actually had that same thought after I posted. If the collar is maybe a 2x8 a short fattie keg may be able to sit on shelf. I would have to check it out when I get home, luckily I won't ever need more than 3 kegs at a time.

Edit: After checking if a keg could fit on the shelf it could be a possibility that 5 could fit, still would be a tough fit though. Anything is possible.

I actually had that same thought after I posted. If the collar is maybe a 2x8 a short fattie keg may be able to sit on shelf. I would have to check it out when I get home, luckily I won't ever need more than 3 kegs at a time.

Edit: After checking if a keg could fit on the shelf it could be a possibility that 5 could fit, still would be a tough fit though. Anything is possible.

I sold my small kegerator and 2 of my kegs leaving me 1 short fattie ball lock... it's time to math!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/chest-freezer-specs-layouts-377518/index2.html#post4731051

If it really is the same as the 7.0 GE in that link, it should be doable. Will be interesting to see how your build comes along.

Parts are arriving. My faucets, regulator, beer lines and gas lines came today. Starting with 2 faucets. Making the collar for having 4 sometime.

image.jpg

The collar is made. This pic is the dry fitting. I have since glued and screwed it together. Next will be to paint it with appliance epoxy paint to match the freezer.

image.jpg

Back