Length of line question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludesbrews

Reaction score
Guys-

I am about to pick up a couple 5 gallon kegs and get my system started.

I have a full size, unused fridge in my garage that is connected to my billiard room. I was initially going to buy a small mini fridge that would hold one 5 gallon keg, keep it under my stairs in a closet, and run the line from it to the pallet wall (about 5 feet) where I would put my tap.

Just thinking about it and checking out the space, I realized there is already a hole in the foundation that goes from my garage to the billiard room. If I were to run the beer line from the fridge to where I wanted the tap, it would be roughly 35 feet.

Would there be any issues with doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Running 35 feet of beer line = there will be issues, likely show-stopper level.
- You'd need to use 1/4" ID tubing as 3/16" ID over that distance is way too restrictive.
- 35 feet of 1/4" ID tubing will hold 11 ounces of your beer - almost a pour's worth.
- Without using a chilled trunk line over that distance the first pour of the day isn't going to be pretty...

Cheers!

Back