"leftovers" to make a mild

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kornbread

Reaction score
I'm on "Staycation" this week and I've decided to do some brewing. I brewed a Foreign extra stout on Monday.

Then on Wed. I handn't had my fill of brewing so I checked my stockpile of brewing ingredients and came up with the following made from various leftovers:

OG: 1.039
IBU: 17.8

6.5 Lbs of Canada Maltings Superior pale.
1 Lb of Muntons British Crystal (135 - 165L)
.5 Lb of Victory Malt
.5 Lb of flaked Corn

.6 oz (17grams) of UK Challenger 7.0% at :60

Pitched with some WLP002 (expired a month and a half ago) at 70 deg. F.

Hopefully it'll turn out ok. If not, then I haven't lost much. :D

Looks to me like a blessing in disguise. I reckon that you are on to a winner and will feel sorry to eventually see the last pint gone. Don't ever carb or over cill it though,or it will be crap.

Looks to me like a blessing in disguise. I reckon that you are on to a winner and will feel sorry to eventually see the last pint gone. Don't ever carb or over cill it though,or it will be crap.

I've thought about that. Since I don't have a dual regulator on my co2 tank, I'm thinking of using "natural" carbonation instead. I'm just not sure I want to wait for it to carbonate. :(

Back