Leave CO2 bottle in the fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shank

Reaction score
Is it OK? Work better if I drill the hole in fridge and leave it outside? Should I charge keg and turn off disconnect, leave outside? FNG questions. Sorry.

Less chance of tripping over it on a drunken-stumble to the kegerator for another pint. :)

It's fine in the fridge or out.

I started my kegerator career with the #5 tank inside but eventually drilled a hole in the back hump of the fridge and now have it outside. It appears to me that my CO2 has lasted longer with it out rather than in. It also allows me to more easily adjust pressure with it out rather than reach between two kegs. Just my .02.

I started my kegerator career with the #5 tank inside but eventually drilled a hole in the back hump of the fridge and now have it outside. It appears to me that my CO2 has lasted longer with it out rather than in. It also allows me to more easily adjust pressure with it out rather than reach between two kegs. Just my .02.

It's not that it lasts longer, it just a pressure difference in the bottle makes the gauge read different. In the fridge gauge will read much lower, warm it up and it's higher....still have the same amount of gas though

I don't think the CO2 will last longer if outside, but the pressure registered by the secondary gauge will be lower inside the keezer b/c of the temp reducing the pressure.

Volume of CO2 in the tank can't change, but usable pressure will register differently.

Latest posts

Back