Leaky regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhfd64

Reaction score
Hello all,

Tonight I discovered my regulator leaking. I had to take off for work so I couldn't put together a soapy solution to investigate, but I could hear it coming from one of the gauges. This is the regulator I have. It's the left gauge that I believe was leaking, the one for the cylinder pressure. If I verify that this is the leak, is there any reason I couldn't just remove the gauge and put a plug in its place? It's nice to have but is not a necessity. Not worth replacing the whole thing over. Thanks for any insight.

Stephen

That would work. You could also put a new gauge on it. If that is truly where it's leaking, I've seen replacement guages for around $7-$8. Some are right hand threads and some are left hand threads, so you have to make sure you get the correct one. It also could be a bad diaphragm, seat, etc. I don't have experience with that particular regulator, but if that's the case, you should be able to buy a rebuild kit.

Back