Leaking ss perlick tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_rogers

Reaction score
I'm wondering if any of you guys have this issue.

I've been kegging for 6months now without any problems... Except for my perlick tap. The thing is, I bought the perlick because of the rave reviews everyone gives them but mine constantly leave puddles of sticky beer on the floor. I know the other types of taps can be problematic if not used often but having some kind of spring mechanism like my old picnic faucet would be great. Does anyone else have problems with leaky perlicks? Is this how they all are?

Not sure if it matters but I've never changed the seals so they're now 6months + old. Also I ran hot water through them when I bought them in order to clean them.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

buy a seal kit and fix it

have you tore that thing down to clean it yet? you should have by now and if you have you know where the seals go.
if you have not, then you have a build up of gunk in there that could have destroyed a seal

the things require maintenance and frequent cleaning

go for it

The 525 model has a flaw in it. It requires pressure against a gasket in order to seal shut. Pressure against the gasket will eventually compress it and put it out of place.

Perlick is working on it. And by working on it I mean they're releasing a new model of tap and not doing anything to fix the problem.

Best practices, according to Perlick, is at least a 12 PSI serving pressure, replacing the gasket every six months and probably a bucket underneath the tap.

Well I cleaned the whole tap through out and it was a little dirty but not really. It still only seals half the time so hopefully I'll be able to get by til I find a solution...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back