Lavender honey....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dendion

Reaction score
I might be scoring 5 gal of Montana lavender honey... Fingers crossed.... :)

Lavendar honey has a very strong flavor.

As a result of circumstance I ended up trying a banana - lavender honey mead. I pulped 3 dozen banana for it. It is completely covering the banana flavor.

Well I didn't aquire it this weekend. I did however visit the Hidden Legend Meadery in Victor, MT. I asked Ken about lavender honey, and he said he couldn't think of anything else to pair it with. So when I get it, it will prolly be just plain lavender mead... I'll do a 1 gal batch first, see how it comes out....

My mead wasn't so much a plan as an arranged marriage. I had 3 dozen green banana leftover from making pasteles (think tamales but with bananas and plantains instead of corn) that I needed to do something with. All the bananas were going to ripen at the same time and I can't eat 3 dozen in a week.

So I decided to make a mead because I generally prefer the taste of fermented honey to fermented sugar and that strong of a banana beer didn't sound appealing.

When I went to the apiary supply store for honey, it was February, and all they left from last year was lavender.

It's good honey. But it's like mint honey. If you only use it, it's going to cover anything else you put in it.

Back