Late Hop addition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmadness

Reaction score
I brewed a Porter over the weekend and had an oops right at the tail end. I finished the boil and turned on my IC. About 5 minutes later I realized I had forgotten to add 1 oz of Cascade at 1min. I threw them in as soon as I realized. What affect might this have on my end product.....if any.

I brewed a Porter over the weekend and had an oops right at the tail end. I finished the boil and turned on my IC. About 5 minutes later I realized I had forgotten to add 1 oz of Cascade at 1min. I threw them in as soon as I realized. What affect might this have on my end product.....if any.

Dude. Dont worry youre perfectly fine. If anything you'll get even MORE hop aroma from that addition. It's basically the equivalent of a whirlpool addition.

Check this out. I use the same technique for a lot of my IPAs
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/re-balanced-ipa-496003/

A Late Hop addition for a porter is different but hey who knows. I think your oops moment might actually of helped you out like m00ps mentioned. Your good.

Er, cascade? Late Hop addition? Porter?

Yeah, I wondered about that myself. I pulled the recipe from Northern Brewer.....
MASH INGREDIENTS
- 8.5 lbs. Rahr 2-row Pale
- 1 lbs English Medium Crystal
- 0.5 lb English Chocolate Malt
BOIL ADDITIONS & TIMES
1.5 oz. Cluster (60 min)
1 oz Cascade (1 min)

And I wasn't so much worrying about it as curious as to what if any difference it would really make..... Thanks for the input! :mug:

Back