Last Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBDrinker008

Reaction score
What thoughts go through your head as you are about to crack your last bottle of a particularily good batch. My initial reaction is that I want to save it, because I don't want to run out of it then I realize that it is there to drink and just sitting there isnt doing me any good either. Its a bittersweet experience for me I guess.

Heck yeah. I've got 2 bottles of my Bitter Texan IPA just sitting there in the basement....begging to be drank. I just can't do it. They are too darn good, I wanna save em! They are getting close to 2yo, so I'll probably do it sooner or later!

Kegs are much easier though, it sneaks up on ya! Then you get excited because you can fill it with something else. :)

I've brewed 10 batches now and have only kicked one. I had no regrets because it was terrible. I have saved a 6er of my very first brew, just to crack open on the 1 yr anniversary. I will also save one bottle, never to be drunk, for posterity.

I really miss my IPA, and the crappy thing was that I had a cold when I drank the last bottle which made it nowhere near as enjoyable as it could have been.

I went to a friends house for the super bowl and they had TWO! of my first beers in their cupboard. They cooled em for me before I got there and man they were good. Loved em. His wife has been preggers or nursing for a long while and they just saved em. I'm going to have to store my beer at their house from now on.

Since I keg, it's always a bit of a surprise (and a mess). But, my thought is, "Great! I can brew again!"

Back