Land of 10,000 Brews!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninkasi

Reaction score
Greetings to all in Home Brew Forum Land!

Along with all the other entries, I also wanted to introduce myself and share my brief home brewing history/experience.

I live in Minneapolis, MN (soon to be Spokane, WA) and have been brewing for 6 years...well, more like 1999-2000, 2004-06. I originally took a home brewing class, mainly out of curiosity, in Duluth, MN in 1999. There were 3 of us in the "class." We sampled 12 varieties of beers during the 3 hours. Needless to say, I was hooked.

Due to several moves, brewing became inconvenient. In the past 2 years, I have picked the hobby back up FULL FORCE. I've kind of become a homebrewing junkie. My wife is politely putting up with my weekly purchases of new homebrewing toys (I am limiting myself to 1 per homebrew store visit! It seems to be a happy medium). I have read several books from cover to cover about homebrewing. I can't remember EVER doing that before.

The best brews I have made have come from fresh spring water in Ely, MN. To do it I take a 5 gallon camping reservior, portage a boat/canoe, and get eaten alive by mosquitoes. It's worth the effort! Since I only get up that far north 1-2 times a year, my Ely spring water brew is definately a "Limited Edition."

This forum seems like a great place to exchange information/experiences with knowledgeable home brewing experts (or expert impersonators!). Thanks to those who have already allowed me to tap (pun intended) into their brewing expertise.

Happy Homebrewing!

Ninkasi

Cool, another (future) Spokanite! Welcome!

I think you will find once you arrive in Spokane that you'll quickly make friends at the LHBS. They're friendly, knowledgeable and generally enjoy talking about the process.

Again, Welcome.

ahh, my old stomping ground, welcome!

Dont exactly miss winters up there but I have to say since I left there 6 years ago I havent been able to a scotch ale & oatmeal stount as good as the Town Hall Brewery's. mmmmm.... can you steal their recipes for me? :mug:

That's quite a dedication to the water there. I'll bet it makes it all the better knowing you drew the water from a spring yourself!

Willkommen!

Having been born and raised in Ely, I can tell you that is *not* exactly a spring. Guess the little buggies in the water make your beer taste better! :)

This forum seems like a great place to exchange information/experiences with knowledgeable home brewing experts (or expert impersonators!).

What about the half assed wannabes that can't even do a decent impression of a particularly poor brewer? Now I feel all left out! :(

Er, I mean, welcome! :D

Back