Lambic: Secondary and Keg in same keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuse88

Reaction score
I had to move my lambic a year ago and I racked it to a keg for moving. It's just about wrapped up and was wondering if there was any reason I could/should not use the current keg to carb in?

Thanks for any help. Cheers!

The first glass or so will probably be a little cloudy from whatever settled out. If it was me, I would just use it rather than risk any oxygen pick up transferring

I don't see any issue leaving it in there either. You could possibly hold on to this first few really cloudy glasses for the bugs in them too. Just getting into brewing sours and thinking of doing a true lambic this fall, but if it turns out well I'm going to be hard pressed to throw out the bugs from it 🤔

If it comes out as a good sour I'd keep the culture for sure. You could use the same keg but cold crash it for awhile to let the bugs settle and then save the first cup or so until its clear.

Latest posts

Back