Lambic Cigar Pairing ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telp

Reaction score
I picked up a bottle of Timmerman's Pumpkin Lambic to start this autumn season off right. I also picked up a cigar to enjoy it with but it occurs to me perhaps it might not be the best pairing. Has anyone else tried a similar pairing? Should I go for it or will it clash too much?

Cheers
:mug:

I personally prefer something like an Acid Kuba Kuba or Blondie with sour beers. I've never had a pumpkin lambic and not sure what cigar you got, so it's a little hard to say.

A pumpkin lambic doesn't sound very good to me. Sour and cinnamon, clove, spices, etc seem like they would glass and replicate some other phenolic off flavors.

I personally prefer something like an Acid Kuba Kuba or Blondie with sour beers. I've never had a pumpkin lambic and not sure what cigar you got, so it's a little hard to say.

A pumpkin lambic doesn't sound very good to me. Sour and cinnamon, clove, spices, etc seem like they would glass and replicate some other phenolic off flavors.

I picked up a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero, so definitely one on the more strong side of things.

I couldn't tell you about the pumpkin lambic. I have never had it before but regardless, thought it would be a fun one to try.

i usually enjoy lighter bodied cigars with sours. Nearly anything Quesada makes, except Oktoberfest, any good brand in a Connecticut wrapper, any Cuban.
I certainly wouldn't recommend and maduro, broadleaf, pepper or nicotine bomb.

Would strongly recommend the new My Father Connecticut blend

i usually enjoy lighter bodied cigars with sours. Nearly anything Quesada makes, except Oktoberfest, any good brand in a Connecticut wrapper, any Cuban.
I certainly wouldn't recommend and maduro, broadleaf, pepper or nicotine bomb.

Would strongly recommend the new My Father Connecticut blend

I have had a couple of My Father's which have all been excellent cigars. I picked this up having smoked it before and being quite pleased with it. It was also in my price range at this particular smoke shop unlike the My Fathers.

Apologies for the double post but I just wanted to update real quick. I did end up smoking the cigar with the beer and it turned out really good. The beer tasted more like a sour spiced cider with hints of pumpkin. It was very enjoyable.

Back