Lagering in a keg and the effect on yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheier

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wondering about how the yeast will act in my conditioning setup. Normally I will let my ales ferment fully, let it settle a bit, then throw it in a keg to sit for a few weeks to clear and condition at 35F. I just recently decided to put CO2 on one of my conditioning kegs to carbonate while it is conditioning, but I'm wondering what kind of effect that will have on the yeast when it comes to clearing.

Will the bubbles from the CO2 create obstacles for the yeast to fall, or will it make the beer less dense and cause it to clear quicker?

I'm wondering about how the yeast will act in my conditioning setup. Normally I will let my ales ferment fully, let it settle a bit, then throw it in a keg to sit for a few weeks to clear and condition at 35F. I just recently decided to put CO2 on one of my conditioning kegs to carbonate while it is conditioning, but I'm wondering what kind of effect that will have on the yeast when it comes to clearing.

Will the bubbles from the CO2 create obstacles for the yeast to fall, or will it make the beer less dense and cause it to clear quicker?

Co2 doesn't affect lagering at all.

Latest posts

Back