Lager temp malfunction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotsman6783

Reaction score
Started a lager last sunday. Got my temp controller set at 50F and everything was going fine. Cold snap last night had my primary down to 37F. Brought the fermy in to try and warm it a bit.Have a warmer wrap coming in today. Am I screwed or can I salvage this?

Started a lager last sunday. Got my temp controller set at 50F and everything was going fine. Cold snap last night had my primary down to 37F. Brought the fermy in to try and warm it a bit.Have a warmer wrap coming in today. Am I screwed or can I salvage this?

You are not screwed.
You can salvage this.
Time fixes (almost) everything.

Good deal.
Shortly after posting this I noticed some activity in my fermenter. First time lagering so I had a bit of a freak out thinking I had wrecked it.
The carboy warmer should be here by this afternoon. Should have ordered it when I got the Inkbird...rookie mistake. I thought I had at least a little more time before it got down to mid 30s at night.

Back