Lager style but ale fermented

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudybrew

Reaction score
Has anyone done a light coloured, body and abv beer such that resembles a regular lager but instead of going all the troubles of lager fermentation just done it with a high attenuating ale yeast, keeping esters low and maturing it for a couple of weeks at 0*C???
If yes, has the result turn out to be something you´d confuse it with a traditional lager?
I just want to make a light beer that tastes like a lager, kegged for summer parties that doesnt take that long to be ready, and also because I dont have equipment enough for all the lagering stage, and where I live is pretty hot.

I have done a wit beer that was dry, low body and abv that could easily be a lager type beer, if you didnt consider the wheat and spices in the flavor/aroma.

Just wondering.

Cheers

I make blonde ales all the time using US-05 fermented around 66F and find them pretty clean and crisp.

Back