label/name opinions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanik006

Reaction score
so, i'm trying to come up with a "brewery name" and label ... here's what i have so far ...

basic label
blur_penguin_blank_label.jpg

apfelwein label
blur_penguin_apfelwein_label.jpg

Yeesh, that hurts my eyes. The concept is cool, but you need to do 2 things in my opinion: Don't blur the border, and make the penguin a more stylized blur. As in take a couple of "ghost" copies of the original and layer them together with the original such that you still have some crispness and clarity of detail in the original where there's no overlap, but you get the feeling of blurriness.

Just my opinion, though.

no, i wasn't writing them in order of most to least ... just in an order where they'd fit without needing more lines

well, i went a whole different direction with it .... using my german family crest/german name spelling

blank label
stolle_crest_label_blank.jpg

apfelwein
stolle_crest_label_apfelwein.jpg

Nice concept but i think you have too much color as a bsae label to put other labels onto. The green and red apfelwein doesn't really go with the mid-evil feel of the crest. IMO

Back