kveik dry limit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjay

Reaction score
Hello, could anyone tell what is the lowest temperature that dry kveik can handle

sorry for google translation :p

Both Kveik Hothead (Omega OYL-057) and Kveik Voss show a 72-98 Fahrenheit temperature range on their packages.

I've been brewing a bit with Hothead lately, in a garage that's cold. Brewed 4 days ago and when I started I pitched into wort that was 67 degrees. It started fermenting at that temp, though I was trying to raise the temp up to 75. I've since gotten the temp to the mid 70s and it's nearly done.

How would it have done had I kept it at 67? I don't have any experience doing that, but it sure seemed to be working fine at that temp.

In a paper I read from the MBAA it stated that all Kveik reproduce down to 15c (59*). I pitch directly into the fermenter low,around 18c (64*),and then ferment at the temp for the style I'm brewing. Cool for a clean ale and hot for a fruity ale. If you can hold the temp to 22c-24c (72*-75*) it's very clean and even lager like.

Guys, again I apologize for the translation, you get me wrong, I'm drying the yeast and storing it in the freezer. I would like to know the minimum temperature that kveik can handle in the freezer, mine is at -20 ° C

To illustrate the process

Mine is like this

I have more than 15 kveik strains in use in this process

Back