Krome Dispense Shank and Intertap Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have Krome shanks but they look like a fairly standard shank. I use BevRite SS shanks and SS Intertap faucets along with the Intertap spring and they work just fine. I would suspect they would work with just about any shank, but are not compatible with flow control faucets.

After receiving the spring in the mail it looks like they are not compatible. The Intertap shank has a large deep opening at the faucet end where the spring will sit. The Krome Dispense has an opening at the faucet end that is not deep enough to accept the spring.

After receiving the spring in the mail it looks like they are not compatible. The Intertap shank has a large deep opening at the faucet end where the spring will sit. The Krome Dispense has an opening at the faucet end that is not deep enough to accept the spring.

Not sure what it looks like but could you shorten the spring to make it fit?

I figured I had nothing to lose, so I used some tin snips to cut it down to 5 coils. That was enough to get it to fit, and it does work. It requires a concerted effort to pull the handle down and snaps back quick.

They should work with just about any standard shank, but they are a pain to compress and install at their full length. I cut about 3/4" off mine to lessen the force needed to pull the tap handle, and I may cut a bit more off next time I take my faucets off for cleaning.

I like the piece of mind with having springs on my taps at home. I don't trust my cats not to jump up and dump several gallons on the dining room floor.

I want to get a few more springs for my faucets that go to parties and events. We had a wedding a few weeks ago and someone left a tap open and dumped 1-2 gallons of beer all over the floor until we caught it.

Back