Kona Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipeline porter is one of my favorites. Had a hard time finding it this yr tho. Wailua wheat is also great but can't find that eitha. Wtf!

A while back,I found their fire rock pale ale & long board lager at Super Walmart over in Avon. The long board lager tastes a lot like my Hopped & Confused hybrid lager. That was interesting.

Thread resurrection, but for a worthy brewer - this place makes some good beer. Liquid Aloha indeed!

Bought many bottles on our honeymoon in 2010. Had to leave some because you can't ship alcohol off the island...brought a tear to my eye. They recently started selling locally here, in the grocery store even (Jewel).

Favorites:
1) Koko Brown - Coconut brown ale. Just the right balance of coconut and sweetness.
2) Fire Rock Pale Ale - yum
3) Longboard Lager - yum

Not my favorite:
1) Pipeline Porter - somewhat inconsistent, coffee flavor seemed stale
2) The passionfruit beer. Meh. I love guava and passionfruit ever since my time on the islands, and was excited about this. Just didn't do it for me.

The Longboard Lager is pretty decent. Pretty dark and hop heavy for the style. Great to session around the grill :p

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Dark? Mine was a nice golden color & a bit heavy handed with the crystal malts. A lot like my light hybrid lager. Didn't get a lot of hops,maybe it sat too long?

Big fan of Fire Rock... Our local Old Chicago seems to always have it on tap!

Back