Known quality mini fridges that get to that 32-40 degree range?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_gunslinger

Reaction score
Was looking for one on the black friday sales. But many of the average 4.4 cu ones (Magic Chef, Danby, etc) have some reviews where people say they couldnt get it lower than 40. Suspect the average home user might not notice but homebrewers would ;^) No deals anyway on Black Friday. And nothing on Craigslist at moment.

If possible, avoid mini fridges with digital controls. They tend to be more difficult to manage than their analog cousins...

Cheers!

Meaningless anyway. I run my Danby's on inkbird 308s and just wire-nutted the two wires together on the stock thermostat. I can freeze anything in there if I want.

Intrigued. Wiring the two thermostat wires makes it get colder, removes the cold limit?

It takes the oem thermostat out of the control loop entirely.
And if one didn't plug the unit into an external controller the compressor would run indefinitely...

Cheers!

I got two frigidaire 4.4cf (lowes) and they are great. FWIW, I don't think that appliances (at least mini-fridges anyways) use black friday as their great sale day each year. If you watch closely the sales at Lowes and HomeDepot for these types of fridges, I see them go on sale a couple times a year: 1) memorial day, 2) just before colleges start in the fall i.e. august, and 3) labor day. I got my two mini fridges on sale last year in august as a "back to school" sale, and I got my chest freezer (insignia at best buy) on a memorial day sale.

For the mini fridges, I just plugged them into an ink bird controller and I regularly cold crash and reach 38 degrees with no issues.

Back