Nice Mini refrigerator for $180

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim R

Reaction score
Just an FYI if anyone is interested. I recently bought this Magic Chef 4.4 cu ft refrigerator at Home Depot for $180 (free shipping to the store). It holds my corny kegs and CO2 tanks with no modifications. It should also hold two 5 gal corny kegs and the CO2 tank as well. It also now holds my SS Brewtech fermenter with a simple modification of removing a small part of the door divider (took me 30 seconds with a small hand saw).

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Magic-Chef-4-4-cu-ft-Mini-Fridge-in-Black-HMAR440BE/205951818

I had been looking for a cheap and small refrigerator with no freezer compartment. There aren't too many choices. This one seems to work well. It holds the temperature well so far although I am going to use it primarily with an external controller for fermenting. The reviews were good and so far I have had good luck with it. The price was great.

IMG_1361.jpg IMG_1363.jpg IMG_1362.jpg

Lowes has the same thing going on...would be nice to find one to hold 3 kegs.

The internal measurements are about 28 1/2" height, 16" width and about 18" deep. By cutting the door divider a little, I added about 2" to the depth or a total of about 20" which I needed for the top of my SS Brewtech 7 gallon fermenter.

You do then lose a little of this internal space with the back shelf for the compressor. This measure about 8" high by 6" deep and goes across the full 16" width of the refrigerator. Again there is no freezer compartment taking up valuable space.

Back