Know where I can order 7/16" foodsafe silicon tubing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Viking

Beer Lover
Reaction score
I'm finally building a mash tun and switching to all grain but I only know of a couple places online where I can order tubing, none of which have the right size. For my mash tun build I need 7/16" foodsafe silicon tubing. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be awesome!

Cheers!

Agreed, go 3/8 and stretch. Most likely anyhow, depending on what you are up to. Maybe connecting false bottom to a valve on the inside?

Just checked McMaster, and they jump from 3/8 to 1/2". If they don't have it, it probably doesn't exist. At least for silicon tubing.

Thanks, it might not exist. The size was originally for vinyl and I wanted to do it with food grade silicon. What size tubes do you use for the inside of your mash tuns for inside the filter?

Probably under the false bottom.

I think my fittings were 1/2" and I had 1/2" tube. Maybe 3/8, it's been a while since I tore it apart (my cooler cracked inside and I went to a different setup that had a drain right out the bottom).

When you ask about 7/16, are you measuring something that is 7/16"? Have a picture? Or a link to what you own?

In the mash tun, I'd make sure the valve on the outside doesn't leak, and after that - what is inside is not at all important. It's one are you can have very sloppy fittings and it's good enough. Does not need to be perfect there, at all.

Can you explain what you mean by "inside the filter?"

By inside the filter I mean what is on the inside of the modified supply line I'll be using to filter the liquid. Inside the mesh exterior of the supply line the specs say to use a 7/16" tube that attaches the filter to the bung. Honestly I think the best thing to do would probably be to get my cooler and build it up one step at a time to make sure everything fits. I'm sure learning a lot about tubes recently.

Probably under the false bottom.

I think my fittings were 1/2" and I had 1/2" tube. Maybe 3/8, it's been a while since I tore it apart (my cooler cracked inside and I went to a different setup that had a drain right out the bottom).

When you ask about 7/16, are you measuring something that is 7/16"? Have a picture? Or a link to what you own?

In the mash tun, I'd make sure the valve on the outside doesn't leak, and after that - what is inside is not at all important. It's one are you can have very sloppy fittings and it's good enough. Does not need to be perfect there, at all.

The 7/16" tube was from the specs from a video, I'm going to assemble what I can with my mash tun over the next few days and I'll report back if I get stuck. The video said that the tubes are 7/16" and I can't find a supply line that is wide enough to fit around a 7/16" tube. Do you think a 1/2" supply line would be big enough to work for this?

Would have to know more about what parts you have. I think we can figure it out here but need pics / links / something.

Thanks! A ton of stuff is in the mail. When I get everything I'll put togeather what I can and if I can't figure it out I'll get you all pics or whatever you all need to help. I'm so excited to finally get a mash tun I'm jumping into it before I have all the pieces.

Latest posts

Back