Kit + Spraymalt & Yeast - advice please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewjapan

Reaction score
After I bottle my first brew (which was kit and sugar only - all that I had available at the time), I'm looking to use a Black Rock Whispering Wheat kit.

I've bought Munton's Spraymalt - Wheat 500g x 2, Light 500g x 2.

Q1. Would I be better with one bag of spraymalt + corn sugar, or 2 x wheat spraymalt, or 1 x wheat and 1 x light?

Q2. The only yeast I have access to is the kit yeast or Fermentis Dry Lager Yeast S-23 or Fermentis Dry Ale Yeast S-04 (unfortunately I couldn't get the Fermentis Wheat Beer Yeast WB-06). Which of these would be the best to use? The kit yeast because it's probably better for a wheat beer? Or a Fermentis (and if so, which one)?

I know these are newbie questions - I'm still learning here (I knew nothing about brewing last week). Appreciate the help.

I went with 2 x Munton's Spraymalt Wheat 500g and the yeast from the kit. Hope it'll turn out nice - it's my second brew.

I'm pretty sure you will be just fine. Good luck. I am on brew #1, but not too worried thanks to these guys here.

There is a thread on this site about teh exact amount of gravity points that the different extracts and stuff will give the brew. You should check with that.

Back