kit brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rico6115

Reaction score
so far ive brewed kits. not that theres anything wrong with em but i think i would enjoy creating mroe of my own thing. whats the next step...do i just buy grains and hops or is it that u start from a specific malt and work from there.

Rico6115 said:
.do i just buy grains and hops or is it that u start from a specific malt and work from there.

You're the only one that can answer that. If your local home brew supply shop has a good selection of grains and a mill then forumlating your own recipes would be good. If they've got a limited selection then a place like Austin Home Brew (http://www.austinhomebrew.com/) can mill and package grains in whatever combination you want.

Your situation will determine that more than anything else but really, there's no right or wrong answer to that. I do all-grain and I still buy kits now and then.

Sounds like you've been using pre-hopped extract. In general the next step is to use unhopped extract, specialty grains, and hops. There are ingredient kits available online that you might want to check out before making your own recipes.

TheJadedDog said:
Sounds like you've been using pre-hopped extract. In general the next step is to use unhopped extract, specialty grains, and hops. There are ingredient kits available online that you might want to check out before making your own recipes.
This.
And use dried malt extract instead of liquid if possible.

Latest posts

Back