Kicked my first keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mose

Reaction score
First keg in the world of kegging has officially been kicked. It was a sad moment to only get a half glass of beer and a bunch of foam.

However, the sadness was short since the beer was good and enjoyed by many over the last number of weeks.

It helps that I have an ESB finishing up its second week of primary that will be seeking a home shortly and this just opened up a space. I'm thinking I'll give it a full two weeks in primary and cold crash for a week and keg. Good thing we have a pipeline, but as much as I try the pipeline never seems to be as full as it should.

Kampai :mug:

Good thing we have a pipeline, but as much as I try the pipeline never seems to be as full as it should

+1 on that man, same thing goin' on here & with tailgating season quickly approaching I'm in trouble already! Best of luck. :mug:

One of the most important part of homebrewing is emptying the containers!

i hate it when that happens.

my IPA keg is nearing death. altho, it's getting old, hop aroma is gone, it no longer has that crispness (very dry IPA).

maybe i should just slam it and be done!

No problem emptying the kegs, i get the neighbors to help. I just have to get the flow moving. I've moved a couple times in the last year had to postpone the process, amazingly it has a huge ripple effect on the availability.

I almost forgot about the quanity increase for college football, I'm screwed. If I can get the fridge set up to lager this weekend, maybe I'll put down an Oktoberfest, and maybe the Apfelwein will be done soon.

I obviously need to get my brewery built and move to 10gal batches for some of this stuff. And maybe a couple or six more kegs. I have a Bourbon Oaked RIS aging since March and it is KILLING me not to touch it. I think I lack the patience to be really good at this hobby.

Seems one could put a digital scale under their kegs and monitor their weight to alert when nearing the bottom. Then you could prepare for the shock. :)

Seems one could put a digital scale under their kegs and monitor their weight to alert when nearing the bottom. Then you could prepare for the shock. :)

After a while, you get where you can simply pick them up and tell about how much is in them.

Sitting a cold keg out of the kegerator and looking at the condensation will tell you exactly how much is left inside.

After a while, you get where you can simply pick them up and tell about how much is in them.

Sitting a cold keg out of the kegerator and looking at the condensation will tell you exactly how much is left inside.

Don't have my blackbelt in homebrewing yet. ;)

Someday, the student will surpass the master.

Back