Kettle Spiggot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopmd

Reaction score
Hey Guys (& gals)

I've been eyeballing this for some time now. http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=45512&hvarDept=350&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=5&hvarSubCode=3&hvarTarget=browse

I've seen a couple of setups that have a valve at the bottom of the kettle, but nothing like this. If I wanted to convert a pot to something like this, what kind of valve do you use. Also, would it work if I used it to cook turkeys in once in awhile. The oil usually gets to around 360 degrees.

thanks in advance for the input.

loop

Are you asking about getting one of those, or about putting a ball valve on a kettle you've already got?

Do you need the turkey fryer with it?

If not, I'd break down and just buy a Sabco. You cannot go wrong with one of those. It'll last forever, it is large enough for 10 gallon boils. You say you won't do that now, but.......

I wouldn't use it for making beer after cooking a turkey.

Greasyturkey beer isn't my favourite.

and it's aluminum... brings on different emotions for different people. I'd stick to SS personally. The Sabco that Dude mentioned is cool. You could also look at Northern Brewer. They got a lot of kettles. Thier cheap SS would probably do you better then an aluminum brewpot.

El Pistolero said:
Are you asking about getting one of those, or about putting a ball valve on a kettle you've already got?

You got it El P. Putting a ball valve on a kettle I've already got.

No offense Michael, but I don't want this to head in the ss vs. alum argument.

Dude, can you send me a link to the Sabco you are talking about.

thanks, guys

loop

First off, here's Sabco.

To put a ball valve etc in your existing kettle, and can just drill a hole and buy weldless fittings from Northern Brewer or such.

Back