Kettle Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNTgill

Reaction score
I have been researching for the past few weeks while assembling my brewing equipment. I have fermenters, secondaries, bottles, 50 foot 1/2 " immersion chiller. I have found a burner that I think will do a good job but unsure if my burner/kettle combo will work. At Academy sports they have a few different burners 1 is round hi/lo pressure burner the other is a square 58K burner that seems a little more stable. Both are Outdoor Gourmet and the round is 20 and square is 30 bucks. I am a little undecided on whether to get the 60 quart aluminum stock pot w/strainer basket (also at Academy for $60) or the 42 quart for $50, I don't want to upgrade if/when I go to BIAB/all grain. Anyone have experience with these burners/pot combinations and will this work ok. I don't really want to shell out 80-90 bucks for a combo that doesn't work well. Thanks everyone I love this website.

For pots, get as large as you can heat. I can't speak to the burners

That's actually my question. Does anyone have experience with a pot that large and that burner?

Back