Kettle electrical disconnect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k3v1np

Reaction score
The other day I was thumbing through the Internet ( that's right "thumbing" ... I'm old ) and I came across a website that was had built and was selling a really cool heating element disconnect for an electric brew kettle. It looked like it was milled from aluminum or maybe stainless steel. It was also cylindrical in shape and rather small in size. It was designed so that you could easily disconnect the cable from the kettle. Now today I can't seem to find the website. I believe it was a European website because I think the costs was in euros or pounds.

Anybody out there know anything about what I'm referring to?

My rig is 120v, so I use plugs like this:
701W-X2%5E02.jpg

and then I use computer power cords IT gave me for free. Cheap and detachable.

For 240v I've seen people on this thread do the Neutrik connectors: http://www.neutrik.com/en/speakon/speakon-chassis-connectors/speakon-chassis-connectors/

They're small so they mount easily to the typical receptacle box. Bobbys' triclover stuff is definitely super slick if you want to spend a bit more.

Back